Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The race card
The race card
I would like to have a serious debate on racism in modern societies which is not overshadowed by the fantasies of a right wing inmature historic revisionist.

Statistics clearly show that black people living in the US are still by majority poorer, more likely to be inprisoned, higher in numbers of unemployment and suffering generaly more under social disadvantages.
Yet in my view it is wrong to create policies which only target a specific group of people based on their race, religion or politics because it contradicts the principles of equality enshrined in a republic. Political reforms should always be directed at sociaty as a whole otherwise it would be discriminatory.

I also believe that racism in Europe is far worse than in the US.

One thing that has to be debated and will clearly result in high emotions is the abuse of racism by individuals to push their agendas and thereby actualy making the problem worse. The reverent Al Sharpton comes to my mind here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T78DwdFUq0c

What are your thoughts?
RE: The race card
(July 20, 2013 at 3:01 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Yet in my view it is wrong to create policies which only target a specific group of people based on their race, religion or politics because it contradicts the principles of equality enshrined in a republic. Political reforms should always be directed at sociaty as a whole otherwise it would be discriminatory.

I agree with this. I come from Malaysia, you can look up the politics there, it's race-based, and it's a freaking nightmare. It started out because the malays were poorer than the chinese, so they were given special rights. It's a very long and bloody story, but short version: we're incredibly racist, not in the sense that i hate a malay (i'm chinese) or think they're less than me, but i don't trust them. More of them are coming around to the idea of equality, but many of them are still living in fear that the minorities will take over the country and violate their "malay rights", and actively campaign against it. The minorities (chinese and indians), keep our heads down because we have no real power. The minorities pay more taxes, get less/no benefits, and government jobs are 97% malays last i checked. if you think they're a large majority, they're only 60%. I'm in favour of laws that treat all of us the same way, even though "my people" have been disadvantaged for so long, giving us special rights will only repeat history.
Al Sharpton pisses me off. He's not trying to solve race issues he's trying to line his pockets. And even if you think he's trustworthy I will tell you why you shouldn't take his word. His entire job is based on the conflict between whites and blacks. So if that conflict goes away then what is Al Sharpton going to do for a job? His success is reliant on there always being a conflict. Without it he goes out of business.
Quote: His entire job is based on the conflict between whites and blacks.

Then he'd be richer than the Koch suckers... er...brothers.
Quote:I also believe that racism in Europe is far worse than in the US.
Well, why wouldn't it be?
People do not like immigrants who come to their country, and still act as though as they were in their own country that they fled a new one, and demand special considerations from the government as though they had an ancestral right on it.
I speak for my own if I'd say that the immigrant minorities are the major contributors to these, as in my time in Germany, me and my family never had any hostile run ins with the Germans in our neighborhood, we have generally been able to live in harmony with the public.
However, many of my kin treat non-Turks in Germany as they would treat other Turks, and demand that they be treated different from the Germans. Europe has made a mistake by enacting such policies as multiculturalism and etc. and this alienates the native europeans while making immigrants more and more bolder than they were before.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(July 20, 2013 at 3:01 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: What are your thoughts?

that ur fuckin terrified to have an opinion

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Critical Race Theory Spongebob 198 11217 January 21, 2022 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Elizabeth Warren out of race onlinebiker 47 3500 March 12, 2020 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Latino is not a race BrokenQuill92 29 2014 December 16, 2019 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting is economic racism Rickimoto 3 459 April 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 528 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can I be Trans-Race or Trans-Class? InquiringMind 41 6352 April 23, 2017 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Come Oh Ye Rational Thinkers...and explain race theory to me tantric 35 5649 February 23, 2015 at 1:03 am
Last Post: tantric
  race paulpablo 18 3280 March 5, 2013 at 3:48 am
Last Post: Aractus
  The Tulsa Race Riot Shell B 22 4573 June 2, 2011 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Violet