Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new understanding to an old premise
A new understanding to an old premise
Well not New-New, more like late 90's new.

One of you (I don't remember who it was) said something about The Matrix in one of your arguements. which did get me thinking.

God (traditional sterotype aside) is by defination is a transdimensional being. and if He is able to offer an eternity with Him or an eternity in Hell (which either way is still another realm) then that means we (or at least apart of us) are transdimensional beings as well. So the question would then become what is this reality? This for the lack of a better term, This 'reality' then becomes "the matrix." It is reality apart from the automatic known glory of God. When have been placed in the matrix to make a choice, and to gain experience. Maybe the part of us that is to be judge (our soul) is not apart of this body at all. Maybe our soul is plugged into some 'supercomputer' or the heavenly equivalent, and we are linked to these bodies. The bible does seperate our being into Body, Mind/Spirit, and Soul. Paul makes an excellent arguement in romans 7 about this if anyone is intrested.

The key difference between the movie version of the matrix and the one we live in is that death here does not result in death in the "real world." When one dies here, we simply wake up in the real world.(Absent from the body present with the Lord.) We wake up to eternity and the choice we made here. God simply holds us accountable to the choice we made.

Why is any of this important? I give us proper perspective. Life, death, pain, happiness, all of it in this life is really meaningless when view from an eternal perspective. So when someone asks why did God allow that child to die or how can a loving God command the death of women and children?? What are they really asking? How can God wake that person from the Matrix sooner than the rest of us? Why do we have to suffer here for 70, 80 or 90 years when that person get to wake to reality only after 9 or 10? Why wouldn't God make that person suffer a life time as I want and wish to suffer for a long life?

If you remember the matrix was a prision, not saying there aren't those who have made prision their home.. My question is what does it say about those who hate or curse a God who end a prision sentence earily? Why is 'fairness' based on 'prision' rules?
RE: A new understanding to an old premise
(July 24, 2013 at 1:57 pm)Drich Wrote: If you remember the matrix was a prision, not saying there aren't those who have made prision their home.. My question is what does it say about those who hate or curse a God who end a prision sentence earily? Why is 'fairness' based on 'prision' rules?

But why would God need to deceive us like this. In the movie, the machines needed the electrical power generated by our brains. What deficiency do you think God is making up for by keeping us hooked up this way? Maybe, like tinkerbell, he needs us to clap, love and worship Him to keep him alive?
Blah blah blah, transdimensional...., THEREFORE.... Blah , Blah, Blah, matrix...., THEREFORE .... Blah, Blah, Blah, bible, ..... THEREFORE .... GOD! Yeah, that's it, GOD!
Quote:God (traditional sterotype aside) is by defination is a transdimensional being.

Evidence for that or are you just making this up as you go along? Amusing that you would compare your fictional god to a fictional movie.
(July 24, 2013 at 2:08 pm)Chuck Wrote: Blah blah blah, Transdimensional...., THEREFORE.... Blah , Blah, Blah, matrix...., THEREFORE .... Blah, Blah, Blah, bible, ..... THEREFORE .... GOD! Yeah, that's it, GOD!
I love your use of color.
(July 24, 2013 at 1:57 pm)Drich Wrote: When have been placed in the matrix to make a choice, and to gain experience.

And to level up!

[Image: ord_80ding_tn.jpg]
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Has Drich been stoned for the first time? this sounds like a stoned discussion to me.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 24, 2013 at 2:13 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(July 24, 2013 at 2:08 pm)Chuck Wrote: Blah blah blah, Transdimensional...., THEREFORE.... Blah , Blah, Blah, matrix...., THEREFORE .... Blah, Blah, Blah, bible, ..... THEREFORE .... GOD! Yeah, that's it, GOD!
I love your use of color.

I always thought the glory of god needed more glitter.
(July 24, 2013 at 2:08 pm)whateverist Wrote:
(July 24, 2013 at 1:57 pm)Drich Wrote: If you remember the matrix was a prision, not saying there aren't those who have made prision their home.. My question is what does it say about those who hate or curse a God who end a prision sentence earily? Why is 'fairness' based on 'prision' rules?

But why would God need to deceive us like this. In the movie, the machines needed the electrical power generated by our brains. What deficiency do you think God is making up for by keeping us hooked up this way? Maybe, like tinkerbell, he needs us to clap, love and worship Him to keep him alive?

Maybe the 'deficiency' is ours and not God's. In that we need a space/deception that allows us to make an uninfluenced honest decision about our heart true desire, as to the nature of where we want to spend eternity.

Think about it. if you got to stare down the pit of hell and then look to boundless treasures (God's Glory) God had to offer. anyone with any desire for self perservation and the ablity to lie to them self would choose God over hell. Then the question becomes how long will they be content with God before their true feelings would surface? a year? a Billion years? A trillion years? Even after 900 trillion years we would not have put a dent in eternity. We do know by Satan's example that at some point we will surcumb to pride as he did and will want that seperation and will be willing to risk Hell for it.

So why not place all of us in the realm/matrix hidden from the automatic knoweledge of God's Glory or the absolute terrors of Hell, and allow our hearts the 80 or so years it needs to simply play out what it really wants. (Give those who want to know the knoweledge to make the desision they have been given and allow the rest to surround themselves with whatever they wish.)
So when you stand before God on the day of your final judgement and He judges you sheep or Goat, Wheat or Weed, yu will know beyond doubt that his judgement is absolute and just.

Again God could created us and seperated us then and there, but He gave us this life to prove to ourselves who we are so when we find ourselves in Heaven or Hell we wont be able to lie to ourselves and say we are more than what we are.

(July 24, 2013 at 2:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:God (traditional sterotype aside) is by defination is a transdimensional being.

Evidence for that or are you just making this up as you go along? Amusing that you would compare your fictional god to a fictional movie.

In my orginal post I did make reference to BCV that points to several verses that seperate Mind Body Spirit and soul. Are you asking me to provide book Chapter and verse or are you looking for something else?
Interesting concept, Drich.

Maybe the Matrix is true pretty much. At least the general idea. We are all plugged into artificial simulation supercomputers for evaluation. However, if this idea is true this is pretty impressive technology we're talking about. So we're obviously going to wake up surrounded by secular scientists and technology experts.

All the ones that went blindly with unsubstantiated dogmatic claims (theists) would be either exiled from civilization to live in the heathen wilds or used in their version of the salt mines.

All the ones that went with logic and reason (atheists) would begin their proper education for the real world.

What implications do you think this idea has for Pascal's wager?
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Understanding the Bible/Christianity Mystic 51 8279 March 14, 2016 at 9:19 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Jesus makes the Old Testament old hat? The Reality Salesman01 14 3342 April 30, 2014 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Vicki Q
  The Problem with the God premise Jiggerj 5 1931 April 12, 2014 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: MindForgedManacle
  The universe appears "old", but it is still less than 10,000 years old Justtristo 402 218404 March 4, 2014 at 4:23 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Old testament and new testament yoshirama 11 2140 January 29, 2014 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Understanding the bible Whistle Blower 144 43281 May 31, 2012 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Old Testament vs. New Testament...wtf... LunchBox 13 8163 January 12, 2012 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Old testament v. new testament mem 57 15606 September 5, 2010 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Captain Scarlet