Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asian Rock Pool Mosquito migrates to Europe
Asian Rock Pool Mosquito migrates to Europe
Another change to the European enviorment through climate change, the Asian Rock Pool Mosquito has now been found to have migrated into Central and Southern Europe where through rising average temperatures, living conditions for that species of mosquito have improved. They are known to be especialy agressive and to transmit illnesses such as West Nile Virus and various encephalitic viruses.

edited: viruses have only been proven to be transmitable by that species in a laboratory and not observed in nature.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!
RE: Asian Rock Pool Mosquito migrates to Europe
Oh, shit.... :-s
Like we didn't have enough mosquitoes as it was.. Soon you'll be able to grow bananas in Lapland '-_-
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

*cries*

I hope they never come here!

When I was a kid I never saw a mosquito in London. Now the little fuckers are all over the place in summer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Measles cases hit record high in Europe zebo-the-fat 13 1426 September 20, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Europe and measles brewer 0 217 February 21, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Crane fly vs Mosquito Duke Guilmon 11 4315 May 25, 2017 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Climate Adaptation Difficult for Europe's Birds KichigaiNeko 4 2171 January 23, 2012 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko