Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 7:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pub Quiz Team
Pub Quiz Team
My favourite pub quiz team would be...
  • Stephen Fry
  • Rory McGrath
  • Jonathon Miller
  • John Sessions
  • Richard Dawkins

What would yours be?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Pub Quiz Team
I'd have Stephen Fry, Rory Mcgrath and Richard Dawkins too.

The other two I'm not sure...perhaps Stephen Pinker and some celebrity that knows a lot about movies and/or sport lol. Whoever that would be...

EvF
Pub quiz team?
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I'm not sure I understand it either. Do you guys mean like if a debate started in a pub? Sorry if I sound daft Tongue
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
(September 25, 2009 at 1:21 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote: Pub quiz team?

Yes...as the title and the OP says, lol.

EvF
(September 25, 2009 at 1:21 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote: Pub quiz team?

Have a look here dear Smile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pub_quiz
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
You see, in America what you call a pub house, we call a Bar. We go there to get drunk and meet people to mate with. Sometimes we play pool (Billiards) and darts, but mostly just drinking, dancing, and meeting people. I go to a bar that has a dance floor; there, I dance and have the occasional drink while scanning for a woman to mate with Wink . The pub quiz sounds interesting, but a little too erudite for us rough and tumble 'Mericans. I would dig it, but I am several standard deviations away from normal, an outlier for sure.

Rhizo
Naw, in Boston we call them Pub's too. I just didn't know what "Pub Quiz" referred to. Was it a quiz about Pub's, public quizzes, etc...
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I competed in a pub quiz once at the airshow in Fairford. We all had 25 questions all aircraft related. The winner had 22 right.

I had 2.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Oh...2 bad Sad lol.

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boru’s Insanely, Absurdly Easy Music Quiz BrianSoddingBoru4 10 593 November 7, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Annoying Trivia Quiz: The Answers - And More! BrianSoddingBoru4 5 729 November 18, 2018 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Annoying Trivia Quiz BrianSoddingBoru4 56 3177 November 17, 2018 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Brian37
Question Which of the seven dwarfs are you? (Quiz) Angrboda 33 2402 September 21, 2018 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  GS Warriors 72-9 so far .. best team ever in the NBA? Whateverist 19 1708 May 12, 2016 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Wrestling quiz robvalue 34 4230 July 21, 2015 at 8:52 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Which Bible Character are you? New and Improved Testing!!(I made the quiz :D ) Losty 55 10900 May 16, 2014 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  QUIZ: How Will You Die A Theist 29 7748 November 30, 2012 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Darkstar
  Quiz Overmars 42 10764 July 19, 2009 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  BBC: Weekly News Quiz Kyuuketsuki 5 5163 July 17, 2009 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki