Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annoying Trivia Quiz
Annoying Trivia Quiz
[Online trivia games are always kind of *meh*, due largely to the ease of looking up the answers.  So, here are some that are designed to minimize the effectiveness of online researching.  Good luck!]

1.  Invented in 1937, this item nearly failed to catch on because men found it emasculating and women found it demeaning.  The item is now ubiquitous, found by the thousands in every city and town in most of the world.  What is it?

2.  What is the chief historical flaw in Monty Python's 'Spanish Inquisition' sketch?

3.  How long did it take Churchill to escape after he was captured by the Nazis in WWII?

4.  Based solely on the way he is dressed, what is this man's profession?   

[Image: image.jpg]

5.  Apart from being in the entertainment field, what do Jayne Mansfield, Kermit the Frog, Tim Burton and the cast of Dad's Army have in common?

6.  Name three 20th century authors who died on the same date (same month, day and year).

7.  Who was the last British monarch to be murdered?

8.  How far can you go on one cup of coffee (no cream, no sugar)?

9.  What is the relationship between the chemical compound oxyphenylbutazone and the number 1178?

10. What is the environmental connection between Eyjafjallajökull and Mongol conqueror Genghis Khan?

A few rules:

1.  The answers must be 'right', not merely correct.  For example, a correct answer to #5 would be, 'None of them have ever been in my kitchen.'  In other words, the answers must be the ones I have in mind to be right.

2.  No hints or clarifications will be given.

3.  I will give the answers whenever interest seems to lag.

4.  All of the above information was gleaned from old episodes of QI and verified by Yours Truly.  If you have a problem with the answers, feel free to take it up with Stephen Fry.  Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Annoying Trivia Quiz
2. Pillows were not sewn shut during the age of the Spanish Inquisition?

3. Churchhill was never captured.
They may well not have been, but that isn't the chief flaw.

Yes, he was.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
4. Dell slicer?
1. Pussygrabber?
Nope/nope.

Boru
7 - if by Monarch, you mean any British royal, I'm going to say Lady Diana.

8 - I would go nowhere. I don't do straight up black coffee.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
7. No, she wasn’t a monarch. Kings and queens only.

8. Immaterial.

Boru
(November 15, 2018 at 5:39 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: No, she wasn’t a monarch. Kings and queens only.

Boru

Okay. That helps. Then it might be the current queen's father, or His father. We didn't cover British royals in our history classes in school over here. Heck, even learning our own US history was a joke. Schools only teach you what they want you to know, not what you should know.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I have no idea about any of the answers but I want this to show up in my posts.

Please, do continue.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some silly trivia questions arewethereyet 7 591 March 29, 2022 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Bifurcated Trivia: The Answers BrianSoddingBoru4 5 449 April 24, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Bifurcated Trivia BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1781 April 16, 2021 at 4:42 pm
  More Pointless Trivia (Answers) BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1005 December 20, 2020 at 5:42 am
  Boru’s Insanely, Absurdly Easy Music Quiz BrianSoddingBoru4 10 570 November 7, 2020 at 5:27 pm
  Lockdown Trivia: The Final Chapter BrianSoddingBoru4 6 802 May 24, 2020 at 5:47 pm
  Lockdown Trivia V BrianSoddingBoru4 92 4975 May 5, 2020 at 5:07 am
  Lockdown Trivia, IV BrianSoddingBoru4 9 929 April 28, 2020 at 5:03 am
  Lockdown Trivia, Stage III BrianSoddingBoru4 17 1036 April 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
Star Lockdown Trivia BrianSoddingBoru4 22 4202 April 17, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: tackattack