Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brilliant Spider
Brilliant Spider
So I'm watching this ant crawl across the concrete outside today when this tiny spider jumps out of a crack. It was like half as big as the ant. So it lasso's one of the ant's legs and starts running frantically in a counter-clockwise circle around the ant immobilizing it's legs. After about 12 rotations it reverses its direction and keeps running around it in a circle.

This guy just took down prey that was twice his size.

Has anyone else ever witnessed a spider do this or is this like the most badass genuis spider ever?
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
RE: Brilliant Spider
2 questions:

The ant stayed still while the spider lapped around it? Generous ant.

Manspider?
(July 29, 2013 at 10:25 pm)Walking Void Wrote: The ant stayed still while the spider lapped around it? Generous ant.

Manspider?

I think the spider did it's first loop around the ant's legs before it knew what was happening.
They just don't make ants like they used to!
So....even the bugs in Texas are cowboys? Why am I not surprised?
Spiders are really cool. I like them just as much as cats.
I knew it. My dad always told me that spiders are more frightened of me than I am of them because they are much smaller than I am.

I finally have proof that he is wrong. Thanks op.
Any spelling mistakes are due to my godlessness!
I saw a spider kill a hornet. It was an epic battle that disrupted the entire English class. Unfortunately the spider eventually died because of its wounds. But he did save us from the hornet.
You could see a spider half the size of an ant? How big was this ant?!

My estate has a lot of magpies and squirrels that sometimes fight. I should film it one day. lol
(July 30, 2013 at 8:26 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote: You could see a spider half the size of an ant? How big was this ant?!

Normal ant size. Bigger than a fire ant but not as big as those big red ones with mounds a foot tall or so.

It happened right in front of me while I was sitting on a bench. So I could see them pretty clearly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Giant spider - ICK arewethereyet 64 6452 May 28, 2019 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Have You Ever Had a Brilliant Idea JackRussell 46 14223 July 4, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I just figured why choirs are simultaneously terrible and brilliant. Reforged 8 937 February 21, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Giant Fucking Spider Video Edwardo Piet 28 4128 November 27, 2015 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Joods