Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giant spider - ICK
Sad 
Giant spider - ICK
It's a good thing that I am generally not afraid of spiders.  I went out to empty the pool skimmer baskets and when I removed the cover of the first one I was met by a huge black widow who was guarding an egg sack the size of my thumb.  Eeeek

Called husband to ask if he had any poison around here...he said not that would kill her.  So...off I wander to find a brick and hope for the best.  Spider squished...egg sack as well.  

Husband would have just sold the house and moved.  

My poor old heart can't take shocks like that any more.  Sheesh...I think I need a nap.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

RE: Giant spider - ICK
I'm afraid of spiders and other creepy crawlies until there are people around me who'll judge me for 'acting like a girl'... then out come the deadly slippers of doom.
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 
Murderer. I would have scooped the spider up into a jar and set it free.  Read
”The various modes of worship, which prevailed in the Roman world, were all considered by the people, as equally true; by the philosopher, as equally false; and by the magistrate, as equally useful.” - Edward Gibbon (1776)
“You know, living in hell is a lot more boring than I thought it would be.”  ~Matt Christman
Yeah, I am not afraid of spiders. Wasps do scare the shit outa me.
[Image: them-1954-002-ant-desert.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
[Image: TumO0gw.gif]
Great fun - whacking the big bugs with a paintball marker.
Just don't  do it on the car. A couple months later, the fractured paint falls off.
In the pool filter could be problematic too.
Smile
Poor spider!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Meh, wasps are still scarier. The other day one landed on my wife's wrist. She wanted for me to spare its life. I gave her a slap on the wrist.

Hate those fucking helicopters.
(October 6, 2018 at 2:26 pm)Kaneda Wrote: Murderer. I would have scooped the spider up into a jar and set it free.  Read

I want to go on record that I did not kill the big spider in the other skimmer.  But then, it wasn't a black widow either.  I let it live.  Spider

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People surviving being swallowed by giant creature. Chad32 14 2479 May 17, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Giant Fucking Spider Video Edwardo Piet 28 4104 November 27, 2015 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Giant Sunfish! MTL 10 1272 October 15, 2015 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Brilliant Spider Rahul 9 1937 July 30, 2013 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Rahul