Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Worst Place You've Ever Been
The Worst Place You've Ever Been
What's the worst place you've ever been? I've been to India, so that wins hands down. I saw guys without legs sleeping on carts. Abandoned dogs eating garbage. It was awful.

But in the United States, the worst place I've been is Cullman, Alabama. It's a famously German town with lots of neo-Nazis. It's racist as FUCK. If I ever go there again, I'll be seriously conflicted about it.
RE: The Worst Place You've Ever Been
Church.
The Texas panhandle. It's so barren and dry that hardly any life can survive there, and the people are racist as hell.

It's the part of Texas that even Texans think is shitty.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Re: The Worst Place You've Ever Been
Barking, London. Every other stall on the market was either a Christian book stall or a Christian nick-nack's / music stall. Every bench had a drunk consuming cheap cider and the hotel was terrible.
Quote:It's the part of Texas that even Texans think is shitty.

Wait. We need Rahul's opinion on that.
Eckley Miner's Village in Pennsylvania. A clapboard town built for the Molly McGuire's movie. The state pays people to live in that shithole, an homage to criminal working conditions and black lung. Way to go, Keystone State!

(July 31, 2013 at 4:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Church.

Heh, I was physically removed from the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. I tend to agree with you on more than just ideological grounds.
Illinois.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(July 31, 2013 at 4:52 pm)Faith No More Wrote: The Texas panhandle. It's so barren and dry that hardly any life can survive there, and the people are racist as hell.

It's the part of Texas that even Texans think is shitty.

I'm a native Texan and I can agree with that. It stinks, too. You know where else offends the nostrils? Montana. Beautiful state if you like miles of nothing, but it smells. So do parts of Canada, ironically those near Montana (hmmm . . . wonder if there's a connection?).

For me, the worst place so far has been Alaska. Apparently I don't function well with lack of or over-abundance of sun, and the summer I was there practically the whole state was on fire. Temps got into the 90's with no AC in the house, and did I mention that practically the whole state was on fire? I cleaned soot out of my TV for 2 years.
“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan

My parents and I went on a short drive once and ended up in this little town west of Jacksonville, FL. It was late and we decided to stop at this little BBQ restaurant. It was small business mom & pop type place. I don't remember much about the food, but every around us were locals. This one table the restaurant manager was sitting at talking to a friend I guess who was a farmer. This farmer guy was loudly telling the most obnoxious story about birthing a calf. It was disgusting and me and parents were having to eat while listening to it.

The manager came up to us to talk to us (I hate it when they do that). Somehow, the manager started talking about their newly painted men's restroom. He decided to show my whole family the men's room. We looked inside and saw that he a painted tree on the wall surrounding the urinal. When we FINALLY left the restaurant and got into our cars, we (my family) started laughing about it all. That was the worst restaurant I've ever been to. Maybe it'll be on Kitchen Nightmares someday.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Nebraska. What a shithole - yes, the entire fucking state.

I don't even want to fly over the fucking place unless I'm dropping bombs on it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy birthday Gawdzilla where ever you are. arewethereyet 6 446 January 12, 2024 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  You’ve Been Kidnapped!! BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2205 December 14, 2023 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Have you ever Met-up with an online Buddy? Uberpod 25 1428 December 3, 2022 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Orbit
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1174 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Been wondering what the boyfriend looks like? Foxaèr 8 706 January 14, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: johnnyy
  Imagine You've Been Kidnapped BrianSoddingBoru4 26 1328 August 20, 2021 at 4:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2117 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2324 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1748 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1095 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball