Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eid and ramadan
eid and ramadan
the ramadan and eid celebrations in my area seem pretty laughable to me.

Pakistani muslims fasting and supposedly feel more empathy for the poor and hungry during this time.
Then as soon as eid starts and the feeling sorry for the poor and hungry ends they all hire ridiculously expensive cars, and drive around slowly in them showing off (I think this is such vulgar vanity I actually feel embarrassed for them) while causing traffic jams all around the major cities of england, while at the same time stuffing their faces full of food.
And lets not forget the £10000s spent on unnecessary fireworks.

It's up there with celebrating jesus by exchanging chocolate eggs and rabbits.

But just to add something, it isn't all bad because literally 1 minute after typing that last post some pakistanis just knocked on my door and gave me a massive curry and it looks and smells ridiculously nice. So keep up the good work muslims, your fireworks and cars aren't that annoying.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: eid and ramadan
You know what they say, the way to the heart of a man is via his belly..
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(August 9, 2013 at 11:19 am)Kayenneh Wrote: You know what they say, the way to the heart of a man is via his belly..

No doubt. The abdomen is a softer target.
And, if I believed in souls, I think that Paul just sold it for a bowl of curry. How cheap of you, PP! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Oh this reminds me of this neighbour we used to have who'd give us this HUGE pot of curry, indian sweets and desserts every Deepavali. It would feed the entire family for a week.
(August 9, 2013 at 10:32 am)paulpablo Wrote: It's up there with celebrating jesus by exchanging chocolate eggs and rabbits.

Hey, watch it. Easter is the only time of the year I can get those Cadbury eggs with the cream inside.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

It's no more laughable than Advent and Christmas or Lent and Easter. Actually, Christmas isn't laughable anymore. It went beyond laughable and into infuriating when it started lasting more than 4 fucking months.

Eid is one of the few things I actually like about Islam. It's always nice to see people gathering to celebrate something. Happy is good.
Quote:Pakistani muslims fasting and supposedly feel more empathy for the poor and hungry during this time.

Ha. Sounds like republicunts between the end of the convention and the election.
(August 9, 2013 at 11:25 am)Captain Colostomy Wrote:
(August 9, 2013 at 11:19 am)Kayenneh Wrote: You know what they say, the way to the heart of a man is via his belly..

No doubt. The abdomen is a softer target.

That wouldn't get you to his heart though, unless you used something like a rapier which he would likely see coming and so you'd have to get into all that 'planning' business with the chair and the ropes and the duct tape etc.

Far simpler and quicker to strike upwards beneath the breastbone. That can be achieved quite simply with little more than a kitchen knife or a knitting needle.

Don't forget to wash your hands afterwards!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

According to this guy, it's between the fourth and fifth ribs...

[Image: temple1.jpg]

...SEE???
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ramadan 2019: a late congratulation WinterHold 6 1631 May 15, 2019 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Happy Ramadan Fasting yragnitup 15 2193 May 8, 2019 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: madog
  The problem with Ramadan CapnAwesome 30 7275 January 29, 2018 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  RAMADAN: wonder how many girl MUTILATIONS were done in the name of Allah? 21stCenturyIconoclast! 13 5116 June 27, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  An ex-muslim fasting ramadan Lebneni Murtad 15 6888 June 17, 2017 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Ramadan has come. WinterHold 36 10903 May 29, 2017 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Understanding the Ramadan Massacre in Orlando (David Wood) mralstoner 32 6811 June 18, 2016 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Part of the Ummah and serve alcohol during Ramadan? We kill you! ReptilianPeon 1 1091 June 12, 2016 at 4:02 pm
  Ramadan on Luna or in the Arctic Circle? ReptilianPeon 21 5438 June 22, 2015 at 3:21 am
  Mental Tricks in Islam : Ramadan Fasting exMohammed 2 2393 August 17, 2014 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: ShaMan