Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Christian writer does a dumb thing, and I am shocked.
A Christian writer does a dumb thing, and I am shocked.
Actually no, I'm not shocked at all. Funny, that.

Thought we might all need a laugh. A vicious, mean-spirited laugh at the ignorance of a man who is soon about to get sued. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
RE: A Christian writer does a dumb thing, and I am shocked.
Ah, Christian ignorance, why are you so funny?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
That`s just a typical case of googling a pic and using it without knowing the story behind the pic.

Happens alot of times and if anything it shows what a lazy bastard that particular christian is.
Oh, gosh, that is hilarious. Especially, since i love that show.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
[Image: tumblr_mky23oiTiz1rblqp8o1_250.gif]
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

lol indeed that is funny, because what tard would hook line and sinker believe that any publishing house would publish a copyrighted image on or in a book like that?
(August 14, 2013 at 2:51 pm)Drich Wrote: lol indeed that is funny, because what tard would hook line and sinker believe that any publishing house would publish a copyrighted image on or in a book like that?

What tard would think that was the point?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 14, 2013 at 2:51 pm)Drich Wrote: lol indeed that is funny, because what tard would hook line and sinker believe that any publishing house would publish a copyrighted image on or in a book like that?

It's an ebook. You can self-publish those with total ease.

It is an ebook, but I am pritty sure that things like these do happen, especialy when the publisher or whatever is not aware of the copyright - in which case the publisher is not seen as responible for violating the copyright.
It is not a "big crime", it is just a foolish little mistake done by various people.

The home for mentaly disabled people I worked at once staged an event for which they chose a name which included the word "Olympics" and they got visited by officials telling them that they couldn`t use the name due to copyright. That stuff just simply hapens all the time.
In this particular case there is just a bit of irony in it.
Yeah, at least when I use copyrighted images for my Anglotopia column, I at least try to find out the story behind those images, so I can at least credit the people who made it.

And, of course it's self-published. Do you really think any self-respecting publisher would have left it looking that ugly? And, seriously, doesn't this guy have any photos of his own family he could use? And his reply raises one important question: He thinks TV is immoral, and yet he still uses the internet? I mean, seriously! The internet contains more vile stuff than anything television can show. After all, Naruto Veangance Revelaitons (link Not safe for work) isn't on Television. Nor could it ever be.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89471 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ?? vorlon13 26 5599 May 8, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dumb As A Bag of Hair Minimalist 63 12472 May 3, 2018 at 4:04 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2796 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  I Have Proof the the Christian God Does Not and Cannot Eist Rhondazvous 89 14292 July 5, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Um...No, You Dumb Fucks. Minimalist 13 2638 March 25, 2016 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  As Dumb A Fuck As The Rest Of The Silly Hat Brigade Minimalist 12 3553 March 23, 2016 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: The Atheist
  The Christian God Does Violate Human Free Will Rhondazvous 85 10382 March 5, 2016 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  So is crucifiction a bad or a good thing? Longhorn 75 22129 December 17, 2015 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  This holy water thing is full of shit! Esquilax 35 12107 March 20, 2015 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire