Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ??
So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ??
Deuteronomy 28:27

The Lord will afflict you with the boils of Egypt and with tumors, festering sores and the itch, from which you cannot be cured.

Anyone ever been diagnosed with 'boils of Egypt' or known someone who was??

It sounds dreadful !!

Anything God thinks is worth inflicting on someone as punishment I'm sure it's a going to be a doozey !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ??
Tomahawk missiles might be kind of like that.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Ask my balls.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Considering the eagerness to support Scripture we see so often, I'm sure we'll have a theist come thru with some gruesome tale of a sinner being absorbed by this dread malady.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

And if his balls fall off will they grow back in 3 days?
[Image: FrH0onKI_o.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(April 15, 2018 at 3:38 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: [Image: FrH0onKI_o.jpg]

Robert Ingersoll could not have ever read the OT, it speaks of hell just read what David had to say. Pitiful man and you would follow him right into hell wouldn't you.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(April 16, 2018 at 2:25 am)Godscreated Wrote:  Robert Ingersoll could not have ever read the OT, it speaks of hell just read what David had to say. Pitiful man and you would follow him right into hell wouldn't you.

GC

Actually doctrine of hellfire with its inhabitants being tormented eternally started with Jesus in the New Testament to punish those that haven't believed in "the name of Jesus"

[Image: oxYKGfzS_o.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Nah.

Boils are so 2000 BCE.

These days god punishes Egypt with MacDonalds...
Dying to live, living to die.
I think they are now called hemorrhoids.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Angry about Abraham and Isaac zwanzig 29 1961 October 1, 2023 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Why are you (still) a Christian? FrustratedFool 304 18523 September 29, 2023 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  GOD's Mercy While It Is Still Today - Believe! Mercyvessel 102 8146 January 9, 2022 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1412 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88827 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. onlinebiker 3 1081 December 27, 2019 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time Arsoo 103 27691 November 9, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  There is still time to covert to Christianity before Christmas! Loading Please Wait 12 3210 January 29, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  Still room on the org chart for this creep vorlon13 12 2789 January 29, 2016 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  So is crucifiction a bad or a good thing? Longhorn 75 22061 December 17, 2015 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Cyberman