Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 26, 2024, 5:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hispanic-Americans leaving Catholicism for Islam
Hispanic-Americans leaving Catholicism for Islam
Video here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23774334

Quote:With more than 50 million Hispanics living in the US, the Latino community is now the country's biggest minority.

While most are brought up within the Catholic Church, a number of them are turning to Islam.

Precise figures are difficult to pin down as the US Census does not collect religious data, but estimates for the number of Latino Muslims vary between 100,000 and 200,000.

The BBC's Katy Watson went to Union City in New Jersey - where the population is more than 80% Hispanic - to meet some converts.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

RE: Hispanic-Americans leaving Catholicism for Islam
why the fuck????

I would be really intersted in seeing the reason for this.

edit:

maybe I see something from a wrong perspective here.

What are muslims in the US like? Those here in Europe are by mayority a bunch of clanish morons withn a parallel society.
(August 22, 2013 at 6:39 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: I would be really intersted in seeing the reason for this.

Watch the video. The man, Yusuf (who unfortunately is not Cat Stevens) gives some BS reasoning about learning how Christianity is wrong and Islam is right, for whatever reason.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

I cannot understand why one would willingly convert to islam. But I would first bet that they don't know much about islam.
Frying pan to the fire.
So they're noticing that Christianity is bullshit, and drifting over to Islam because they don't feel comfortable abandoning religion entirely and Islam the closest thing?
This is bad news for the Catholic church, since Hispanics are the church's biggest group. But I, too, have no idea why any of them would willingly choose Islam, especially the women.

I can only imagine how nuts this is going to drive the religious right. You think they were against immigration before, when they find out that Hispanics are becoming Muslim they're going to have a royal shit fit. And I'm sure they'll blame it on Obama.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Its like tasting from 2 piles of shit in order to decide wich one tastes better.
Anecdotally many muslim apostates become christians. They say that is the loving god, the good god, not the war crazed Allah. I actually understand that more though, because the Christianity practiced today is softer than the Islam practiced. But yea, I think Nora's right, the religions are so similar it doesn't require too big a change in their worldview but allows them to leave the religion they don't like.
(August 22, 2013 at 8:48 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: I cannot understand why one would willingly convert to islam. But I would first bet that they don't know much about islam.

This is exactly that. They don't know what is really this religion.

(August 23, 2013 at 9:20 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Anecdotally many muslim apostates become christians. They say that is the loving god, the good god, not the war crazed Allah. I actually understand that more though, because the Christianity practiced today is softer than the Islam practiced. But yea, I think Nora's right, the religions are so similar it doesn't require too big a change in their worldview but allows them to leave the religion they don't like.

This is exact. I can read posts wrote by some ex-Muslim in forums in French language and I confirm this fact , they said really what you said.

When anyone convert him(her)self to Islam it can have many reasons.

1.Emotional need to believe in a higher power.
2.You saw Muslim propaganda of this kind and believe it :
I.Islamicity.com
II.MiraclesOfTheQuran.com (they are tied with the creationist Adnan Oktar alias Harun Yahya)
III.Quranmiracles.com
3.You don't know that Evolution theory is true. The Qur'an say that a first man named Adam (Arabic : آدم) did existed.
See the next ayaat 2:30-34.
4.Wedding
5.A delusion.
etc...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taliban stop female Afghan students leaving country to study in Dubai zebo-the-fat 45 4978 June 28, 2024 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8403 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5826 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 35199 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet