Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not again! -- Encouragement Please
Not again! -- Encouragement Please
Hey Folks,

I started my de-conversion about 2 months ago and its been going well for the most part. However just recently when I was driving home from work I thought to myself - You can dis-believe in God all you want it still wont stop you from Going to hell. This has put me back into OCD about the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

I like to call it 'The sin that cannot be answered' as there is literally no interpretation that adds up properly. I am almost concluding that Jesus said it in the heat of the moment as opposed to actual meaning.

I am well stable that the bible is mostly a lie but I need encouragement again! Did any of you experience this?

This is all because I supidly said 'The HS is like a Demon' meaning that the share some characteristics (Spritial etc)
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/
RE: Not again! -- Encouragement Please
The hell thing. I got over it after realizing that the god of the bible is so evil even if I knew for sure he exists I'm sure as hell not worshipping him. That coupled with how incredulous the bible was.

I actually blasphemed way before my deconversion too, then I went through all the things you did, which was find the verse, come up with the softest interpretation possible, then doubting my own interpretation. But I eventually forgot about it because life got in the way.
Nah, once I gave up God those thoughts made me laugh. Think of it as a big fucking joke - where and what is God? Heaven? Hell? Why don't we detect their existence if they exist? How would we recognize something supernatural? What's the point in trying to appease a deity that is a complete douchebag? And seriously, if Hell exists, that's where the party is at.
I left a detailed explaination the last time you brought this up. Why not question what I said that does not make sense to you.
Being raised a JW I had the belief that there was no pit of fiery and eternal torment. JWs believe that when you die, you simply cease to exist in any form and therefore are no longer aware of anything.

After I finally accepted that I was an atheist I occasionally had those doubts of "what if they're right?" It is part of the mental programming. You cannot simply wipe away decades of indoctrination and be completely free of the things you used to believe. When you have those doubts, reason it out and meditate on it. Don't just try to beat it with rote repetition; that's what created the problems in the first place.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Take from your last thread on the subject.

Blaspheme of the Holy Spirit is not pairing the title of the Holy Spirit of God with a disparaging word in the English language. Blaspheme of the Holy Spirit is a hardness of the heart that will not let a person attribute the works of God the Holy Spirit, to God the Holy Spirit. In the two examples we have this is what the Pharisees did, that Christ condemned. Jesus channeled the power of the Holy Spirit to do His Miracles. All the while the Pharisees tried to explain them away. When they ran out of explainations instead of acknowledging God working through Christ, and excepting the Changes He was insisting that they make, they went the other way and said his works were from satan. (Thus blaspheming the Holy Spirit.)

As Christ is not here to perform miracles through the Holy Spirit any more the only thing we can do to blaspheme the Spirit is to ignore/blaspheme his work as long as we have access to it. (The works offered now are as out line by Paul in Spiritual fruit, and fruit of the Spirit)

That means as long as God has given us this life. For we have been told we have this life to make that choice. That said we have also been warned that this life is but a vapor here one second and gone the next and we have not been promised our next breath. Even so, as long as we draw breath we have an opportunity to accept what the Holy Spirit offers. To deny the Spirit your whole life is the blaspheme Christ spoke of.

Christ knew the men/Pharisees hearts, and knew if they were not willing to acknowledge Christ and the Holy Spirit as God even after all they saw with their own eyes, they never would. So to with each of us. Never the less we have been given this life to prove that fact to ourselves. While in thar case in that instance Christ rightfully Judged the unbelieveing pharisees.

So fear not so long as you draw breath, you have not blasphemed the Holy Spirit. The fact that your even worried about it says your not there or even close.

Not in the way of a loop hole chant they can perform with their dying breath, but with an earnest change of heart.
As there is neither a good explanation on how there may be an afterlife, or any proof of one existing then there is no reason to believe in such childish, wishfull speculation.

It does not happen.

Therefore no hell.

End of problem.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Man, nobody has real experience from hell. Nobody has detected a hell. So, the concept is about as stable as... a jelly sandwich fairy that rewards You when You shit yourself in your sleep!
No god. No holy spirit. No heaven. No hell......

No worries Wink Shades hang in there.

Rewiring the network takes time and patience
and a good support network.
If there is a god, he won't put you in hell because you don't believe in one god (as opposed to the thousands of others). I assume he'd send people to hell for being dicks. So don't be a dick.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1007 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Please help prayer to get maaried soon for my mom heath.! meboxem166 21 2763 April 1, 2023 at 5:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Christians: Please Explain Aractus 43 9783 December 10, 2015 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Photo Christian Memes/Pics Because Reasons -- Please add your favorites stop_pushing_me 29 13702 September 23, 2015 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Please Explain Shuffle 26 5855 August 26, 2015 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Shuffle
  By all means, please take Christianity seriously Cato 13 3760 June 6, 2015 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Christians: Please explain the Exodus Aractus 274 21017 October 3, 2014 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please! Jenny A 100 25386 September 9, 2014 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
Question Looking For Another Christian (please ignore if you are not a believer. Revelation777 212 23758 August 2, 2014 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Cyberman
Smile I Need A Sincere Christian Response Please ShaMan 58 12282 August 1, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: orangebox21