Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
By all means, please take Christianity seriously
By all means, please take Christianity seriously
Video of exorcism in Moldova:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzykVn2PCo8

Nice article addressing the religious fervor in Moldova:
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_p...orest.html

Quote:Past the wooden crucifixes that dot the crumbling townships, inside the monastery, around 200 people have gathered to expel their demons. I watch a dozen of the faithful dunk themselves in holy water and kiss the base of a steel cross, preparing to purge themselves of demons—dyavoli, as they are called here.

I can hear the excuses now: "They're not real Christians" or "They're doing it wrong".

And yet, we're constantly implored to have respect for Christianity and take their mindless beliefs seriously. 
RE: By all means, please take Christianity seriously
christianity,islam,judiasm,religion, is nothing more than a laughing stock in the modern era.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I'm assuming this is Eastern Orthodox Christianity?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I can't imagine anything I do in life leading to me being ridden by a priest. I mean, imagine being in that moment when your choice is to walk away or get down on all fours. At what point do you go "Yeah this is fucking silly. I'm not doing that. Don't ride people, Priest."
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
This is some kinky shit
“The larger the group, the more toxic, the more of your beauty as an individual you have to surrender for the sake of group thought. And when you suspend your individual beauty you also give up a lot of your humanity. You will do things in the name of a group that you would never do on your own. Injuring, hurting, killing, drinking are all part of it, because you've lost your identity, because you now owe your allegiance to this thing that's bigger than you are and that controls you.”  - George Carlin
(June 5, 2015 at 12:22 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I'm assuming this is Eastern Orthodox Christianity?

Yes. Officially the Moldovan Orthodox Church.
Of course it should be taken seriously.  All criminal enterprises should be taken seriously and eradicated!
(June 5, 2015 at 12:22 pm)dyresand Wrote: christianity,islam,judiasm,religion, is nothing more than a laughing stock in the modern era.

All of them believe in demons and demon possession.  The muslims are just as bad as the Christians.  

That priest is a tub of lard, isn't he?  I'll bet that the crowd would have gleefully burned the "donkey" at the stake if the priest had told them to do so.   The fact that the guy let himself get into such a situation indicates that the town is composed of 100% idiots.  Way too much inbreeding going on there. 
Ah, the return of the 'why boner'...
WITH A VENGEANCE.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
fuck me!
Evolution got us off our 4 legs and religion puts us straight back on them. way to go fuckheads...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 998 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Please help prayer to get maaried soon for my mom heath.! meboxem166 21 2754 April 1, 2023 at 5:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Question to theists: When to take the bible literally? T.J. 22 1829 November 26, 2021 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why I can't take the Gospels seriously. Jehanne 39 3627 June 18, 2021 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Brian37
  didnt want to necropost: what completing the law means. Drich 18 1287 May 12, 2020 at 10:51 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
Question What would it take? Bow Before Zeus 65 9132 December 15, 2017 at 9:49 am
Last Post: Drich
  Is it possible for someone to take away the judgement from God? verbral 31 4205 November 12, 2016 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  "You, atheists take Bible quotes out of context" mcolafson 61 11270 October 4, 2016 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 18232 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6774 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus