Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 18, 2024, 10:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Media Player
My Media Player
I've just started writing a media player and was hoping that one or two of you would give it a bit of a test for me..

At the moment it can handle avi, mpg, wmv, wma, mp3 and perhaps a few other file formats.

I haven't finished it yet but it's quite capable of playing these files, in fact, I use it as my standard player now.

If anyone would like to give it a shakedown then simply download it to your desktop and run it.

http://www.oggtheclever.com/Hypercube.exe

You will also need to pop the following in your Windows/system32 folder

http://www.oggtheclever.com/qtintf70.dll

It would be interesting to see what you think..

It was written using Delphi 7 Enterprise on Windows XP and uses the DSPack media components if anyone is interested Wink

P.S. To change the aspect ratio just press R
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: My Media Player
I tested it on Linux through Wine and got this:
Code:
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x7d8ce9f8, overlapped 0x7d8ce9dc): stub
fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
wine: configuration in '/home/drpoodle/.wine' has been updated.
err:module:import_dll Library qtintf70.dll (which is needed by L"Y:\\Desktop\\Hypercube.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Y:\\Desktop\\Hypercube.exe" failed, status c0000135
Shame on you...Tongue

But seriously, gimme the source code and let me compile Big Grin
To be fair it was never designed to work with a windows emulator in linux. And I can't really send you the code as you would also need Delphi 7 with all the components installed.

What I really need is someone with Windows XP and/or Vista to see that it works on their machine.

Thanks anyway Smile

Update:

Go back my original post to find the elusive dll Wink
Tried it and it didin't work. Sorry.

Didn't even open up.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Did you install the dll? And what OS do you have?
No point asking me that, I'm bloody useless as computers Big Grin

I'd thought I'd give it a try and do what I normaly do when downloading and installing things. Nothing happend.

Might be best if someone with good computer experiance to give it a go.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Ok, Thanks for trying though Smile

The original problem was the missing dll which should be in the Windows/system32 folder. A friend of mine just had the same problem but now he's downloaded the dll he's watching a film with it Smile

Just goes to show how much testing something like this needs.
I don't think I could have the patients to do that.

I have managed to edit game files and such. I managed to edit a file in a game called x-wing alliance and I managed to tweak a few files which made the game more fun.

But when it comes to tweaking files like media and such, I'm bloody useless.

Have another go when I finish it and write an installer to handle all these things automatically. If it doesn't work I'll get you a couple of pints Wink
Oh how nice of you. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social Media Foxaèr 3 435 September 30, 2023 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 791 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Social media and sexual harrasment GODZILLA 40 5251 July 5, 2018 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  How Social Media Is Dumbing Down Our Society Foxaèr 5 2185 July 17, 2017 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Racism in mainstream media piterski123 8 2019 July 29, 2015 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Skepticism, and pop media OP ED. Brian37 0 656 July 2, 2015 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  NFL player supports gay marriage. Brian37 6 3615 September 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The media won't say this, and neither apparently will the police, so I will. Tiberius 51 17692 January 12, 2012 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Cyberman