Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racism in mainstream media
Racism in mainstream media
This woman sent me a link to her youtube video in which she makes a parody/cover of 'Bad Blood' by Taylor swift and uses that song to spread the message that racism is alive and well. Now I don't normally listen to this type of music but check it out it's an interesting video and I'm curious about what you people think about it. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s...=page_wall
Humanity's downfall is a trust in a God that isn't there.

The Acacia Strain-Our lady of perpetual sorrow
RE: Racism in mainstream media
I can't make much sense of the song because I can't understand her.

I think "All lives matter" is a bit silly, and shows how easily some white people feel excluded. Society already got the memo that my white life matters, and saying "black lives matter" doesn't suddenly mean mine doesn't. It just says what it says, "black lives matter".
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(July 29, 2015 at 7:02 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: I can't make much sense of the song because I can't understand her.

I think "All lives matter" is a bit silly, and shows how easily some white people feel excluded. Society already got the memo that my white life matters, and saying "black lives matter" doesn't suddenly mean mine doesn't. It just says what it says, "black lives matter".

I hope this will not be too much of a derail, but your post reminded me of some of the complaints I have heard from men about feminism.  To borrow your phrasing, society already got the memo that men are important, and saying "women are important" doesn't suddenly mean that men are not important.  It shows how silly some men are and how easily some men feel excluded.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
How can white people even feel excluded? They're in everything! That makes no sense.
(July 29, 2015 at 8:22 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: How can white even feel excluded? They're in everything! That makes no sense.

Some white people are stupid fools.  One could try and say it in a nicer way, but the answer boils down to that.

Just to be clear, I am white.  But when some dumbass, who thinks the world revolves around him, doesn't get to be always prominently included in everything, he whines and complains.  Because he is a dumbass.

I feel like "all lives matter" wouldn't be so problematic if people had been saying that before "black lives matter" was a thing.

It's the way it was so blatantly done in response to #blacklivesmatter, because some people had their arses in their hands and felt they weren't included. Meanwhile people are getting killed out there, while your biggest concern is that nobody said your life matters (when it already does, everywhere).
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(July 29, 2015 at 8:47 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: I feel like "all lives matter" wouldn't be so problematic if people had been saying that before "black lives matter" was a thing.

It's the way it was so blatantly done in response to #blacklivesmatter, because some people had their arses in their hands and felt they weren't included. Meanwhile people are getting killed out there, while your biggest concern is that nobody said your life matters (when it already does, everywhere).

Yes.  If it had started as "all lives matter," then there would be no problem with it.  But as a reaction to "black lives matter," it is silly and obnoxious.  As you stated so well in your first post in this thread, saying that "black lives matter" is not saying that anyone else's life does not matter.

(July 29, 2015 at 8:47 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: I feel like "all lives matter" wouldn't be so problematic if people had been saying that before "black lives matter" was a thing.

The whole issue is a fested combined of bullshit political correctness and need to argue semantics. Black lives matter because all lives matter regardless of race. NEXT!
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Sorry, feels like self promoting to me, not sincere. Check out her Bonnie LouTube site. She parodies a lot of songs and has other vids.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFrBj18...4GPLT55lXw
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social Media Foxaèr 3 479 September 30, 2023 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 809 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Social media and sexual harrasment GODZILLA 40 5481 July 5, 2018 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  How Social Media Is Dumbing Down Our Society Foxaèr 5 2216 July 17, 2017 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Question for the PC police about racism... IanHulett 17 2735 January 6, 2017 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Biological Strategy to end Racism chimp3 46 3709 September 26, 2016 at 12:49 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Suspicious activity at California shooter's home not reported due to fear of racism. Catholic_Lady 34 4096 December 6, 2015 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Cato
  Skepticism, and pop media OP ED. Brian37 0 665 July 2, 2015 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Self-racism? Dystopia 69 12080 February 9, 2015 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  The media won't say this, and neither apparently will the police, so I will. Tiberius 51 17859 January 12, 2012 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Cyberman