Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Nye The Fed Up Guy
Bill Nye The Fed Up Guy
Not wise to blame a scientist for a hurricane.

http://dailycurrant.com/2012/08/30/bill-...es-debate/
RE: Bill Nye The Fed Up Guy
Hahahahaha!

"So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Best thing I've read in weeks.
Here it comes, "Why the cussing, it makes you look like a hateful bigot".

UGGGGGG!

Theists reading this, really. You can only politely say "that is not true" so many times before you get to the point of saying "KNOCK IT OFF DIPSHIT".

Much like when my mom or dad got fed up with something stupid I was doing or saying. When someone gives you the truth you thank them, you don't condemn them.
I think it is about time that someone of stature took these morons head on. I would probably explode as well if asked that question on such a show. Seriously, that they actually believe that they have some sort of right to sit at the same table when it comes to discussing or deciding scientific issues is beyond the pale. It is like a mechanic believing his uninformed opinion with regard to brain surgery holds equal weight to that of a real brain surgeon.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(September 20, 2013 at 6:27 am)Brian37 Wrote: Here it comes, "Why the cussing, it makes you look like a hateful bigot".

UGGGGGG!

Theists reading this, really. You can only politely say "that is not true" so many times before you get to the point of saying "KNOCK IT OFF DIPSHIT".

Much like when my mom or dad got fed up with something stupid I was doing or saying. When someone gives you the truth you thank them, you don't condemn them.

Or when Buzz Aldrin famously belted Apollo-Hoax-Nut Bart Sibrel in the mouth and it got paraded around as evidence Aldrin had something to hide. What didn't get paraded around was the fact that Sibrel makes a career out of stalking Apollo astronauts, shoving a bible up their noses and accusing them of lying.

That day, Aldrin had asked Sibrel politely to leave him and his niece alone as they simply wanted some family time in the park. Sibrel persisted, calling him a liar to his face, then Aldrin just lost it. I can't honesly say I blame him; in fact I admire his patience.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
[Image: i-dont-want-to-live-in-this-solar-system...r-meme.jpg]

Seems apropos Big Grin
That's a satirical website.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(September 20, 2013 at 7:31 am)Faith No More Wrote: That's a satirical website.

Agreed, just check the source.
Oh my god that was glorious. I WISH it were a legit news site.
(September 20, 2013 at 7:27 am)orogenicman Wrote: I think it is about time that someone of stature took these morons head on. I would probably explode as well if asked that question on such a show. Seriously, that they actually believe that they have some sort of right to sit at the same table when it comes to discussing or deciding scientific issues is beyond the pale. It is like a mechanic believing his uninformed opinion with regard to brain surgery holds equal weight to that of a real brain surgeon.

Theists are not even mechanics. They are fans of fiction and fiction writers. They'd be better off debating Star Wars fans.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Conversations with the big guy Angrboda 18 1482 December 2, 2021 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Is this the same guy? chimp3 8 672 May 31, 2021 at 12:33 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Bill paying and automated vs real person on phone Brian37 36 1960 September 2, 2020 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Anyone remember this crock guy? Brian37 5 514 June 29, 2020 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  So I called my electric co to pay my bill and..... Brian37 9 1714 July 19, 2017 at 10:05 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Bill Nye Saves the World Nanny 15 1846 April 27, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Athene
  So I asked a guy out on a date... SteelCurtain 29 2703 May 9, 2016 at 12:29 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I Don't Blame This Guy A Bit.... Minimalist 8 1305 July 7, 2015 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Anybody else hate Bill O'reilly KUSA 12 1971 June 21, 2015 at 11:42 am
Last Post: polar bear
  Bill Maher Elskidor 12 1927 September 17, 2014 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain