Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If i go to USA, how common is it to see a preacher on the streets
If i go to USA, how common is it to see a preacher on the streets
We don't have that type of thing here, so i've always wanted to hear a guy on the streets saying "THE LORD HAS SPOKEN!"
Etc... Just curious if it is common in some places in USA?
RE: If i go to USA, how common is it to see a preacher on the streets
Sorry, you might have said in another thread, but where are you from?

I'm from England and we have a steady supply of preachers, at least in city centers. They tend to be ignored though seeing as fewer people year on year ascribe to any organized religion (especially Christianity), but they can be quite numerous.

Also tend to see quite a few Mormons walking around knocking on doors too. There's a Mormon centre nearby where I live so they're always cycling past on my walk to work. They never speak to anyone going to the university though (where I work), but tend to target the poorer areas that are around the university campus.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Not common in Oklahoma.
(September 24, 2013 at 1:39 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Sorry, you might have said in another thread, but where are you from?

I'm from England and we have a steady supply of preachers, at least in city centers. They tend to be ignored though seeing as fewer people year on year ascribe to any organized religion (especially Christianity), but they can be quite numerous.

Also tend to see quite a few Mormons walking around knocking on doors too. There's a Mormon centre nearby where I live so they're always cycling past on my walk to work. They never speak to anyone going to the university though (where I work), but tend to target the poorer areas that are around the university campus.

Scandinavian.
In major urban centers maybe...possibly. Anywhere else, naw.
(September 24, 2013 at 1:37 pm)Moira Wrote: We don't have that type of thing here, so i've always wanted to hear a guy on the streets saying "THE LORD HAS SPOKEN!"
Etc... Just curious if it is common in some places in USA?

Common enough at the tourist spots of LA such that if you cruise around looking for one you will likely find one within the hour.

They more often then not present the appearence of not caring much for humanity or your soul per se, but instead are impotently offended that their jesus has been rejected.
No, not common.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Not very common, but occasionally I have seen street preachers on the bus mall downtown, as well as people carrying signs ("The end of the world is near!" and such). Everyone pretty much ignores them.
Not very common in New York City, but you will see one occasionally. Then again, they tend to blend in with all of the other crazies here.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I saw 1 in Lisbon once. And I go to Lisbon alot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The 500 & Common Sense. Jehanne 53 4208 June 29, 2021 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  What value do you see in studying theology in concerns to Christianity? EgoDeath 40 3855 September 8, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Christian Libertarians and Atheists - Common Ground? lowellwballard 21 1793 May 13, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3921 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 2586 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How do atheists see Jesus' parables? drfuzzy 92 14430 November 3, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Way to go USA. We made the ICC hall of shame list brewer 12 3012 February 8, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Interesting survey of Evangelical beliefs in USA Bunburryist 33 5595 October 11, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christianity vs Murica! USA, USA, USA! The Grand Nudger 17 2696 September 29, 2016 at 8:51 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Proposed: A common definition for "True Christian" Gawdzilla Sama 45 5085 September 28, 2016 at 3:52 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb