Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smithsonian Mag's Free North American museum ticket day.
Smithsonian Mag's Free North American museum ticket day.
Saturday, Sep. 28. I haven't shopped through all the museums participating yet, but the list is large.

http://smithsonianmag.com/museumday/

A downloadable ticket for two to normally charging venues. Not too shabby.

Edit: This could equally belong in the science or art sub forums. I defaulted here. Mods, feel free to shuffle it if needed.
RE: Smithsonian Mag's Free North American museum ticket day.
I couldn't help but notice that the Creation Museum is not on the list. Maybe because it is more of an amusement park for morons than a museum?
(September 26, 2013 at 1:23 am)Minimalist Wrote: I couldn't help but notice that the Creation Museum is not on the list. Maybe because it is more of an amusement park for morons than a museum?

What you went and noticed I had simply taken on faith. The use of the word 'museum' for that farce of an institution was applied Ham-handedly. :p

I don't make enough use of museums. There's an art museum near here that's free and has an immense and awesome collection of Chinese artifacts. When I've gone there with groups, I just lose myself in that collection. But I never think to go by myself.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
One of the few regrets in life I allow myself was going to the Cairo Museum with a group. Even now, solo is the way to go. (My wife is such a philistine.)

Chinese artifacts would be a great day out for me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Heart American Gods & The Young Pope AnubisBarba 4 419 March 25, 2020 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  [Serious] The American beer thread Jackalope 10 881 September 30, 2019 at 9:39 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  A tale of American healthcare as told through one Doctor visit Figbash 14 1641 December 7, 2018 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Say Farewell To An American Icon Minimalist 33 2254 October 16, 2018 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Schwa
  Welcome to the Hotel North Carolina. Brian37 9 775 May 17, 2018 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  What the hell is going on with American girls? brewer 14 2117 November 23, 2017 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Dreaming is free,.....and evidence free... Brian37 6 1000 October 2, 2017 at 4:29 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Off To The North This Summer Amarok 0 684 February 9, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Amarok
  What to do in London MCM without a ticket? Iroscato 6 965 May 26, 2016 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  American gun laws summed up in memes dyresand 158 20185 February 12, 2016 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Losty