Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mars Mission in Jeopardy
Mars Mission in Jeopardy
Quote:The project, known as Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission (MAVEN), aims to put a spacecraft in orbit around the Red Planet to study how it lost much of its atmosphere and became a desolate world.

MAVEN is currently scheduled to take off from Kennedy Space Center in Florida on November 18 and has a 20-day launch window.

If it misses that opportunity, the team will have to wait more than two years for their next chance to launch, according to Jakosky, a planetary scientist at the University of Colorado, Boulder.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/03/us/shutdow...hpt=hp_bn1

AAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Two years?!?!?!?!

Mother fucking piece of shit politicians!!!!

AAAUUUUGGGHHHH!!!
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
RE: Mars Mission in Jeopardy
Yea...we have trillions to bail out wall street but a penny per dollar to forward humanity....OMG NO ENUF MONIES!
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
[Image: disappointed.gif]
Unless there are tax credits on Mars the republibertarianeo-conazis won't give a flying fuck.
(October 4, 2013 at 10:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Unless there are tax credits on Mars the republibertarianeo-conazis won't give a flying fuck.

Maybe they should be sent there without space suits so they can perform a suitably thorough hands on search for tax credits and tax shelters on mars.
(October 5, 2013 at 2:15 am)Chuck Wrote:
(October 4, 2013 at 10:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Unless there are tax credits on Mars the republibertarianeo-conazis won't give a flying fuck.

Maybe they should be sent there without space suits so they can perform a suitably thorough hands on search for tax credits and tax shelters on mars.

Let them put corporate logos on the space ship.
This Mars landing is brought to you by Chase National Bank!
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
[Image: 531202.gif]

This is a natural!
Maybe if we pretend that the rocks are actually brown-skinned people with vast oil supplies?
(October 5, 2013 at 3:10 pm)Ryantology Wrote: Maybe if we pretend that the rocks are actually brown-skinned people with vast oil supplies?

Now, now . . . why would we bomb Mars?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life on Mars is looking tempting. ignoramus 40 6006 December 6, 2019 at 6:06 am
Last Post: ThinkingIsThinking
  Moon is part of Mars Anomalocaris 79 6456 June 17, 2019 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Mars Yonadav 36 2052 February 19, 2019 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Body Of Water Discovered On Mars A Theist 4 941 July 26, 2018 at 6:32 am
Last Post: A Theist
  NASA denies mars child slave colony Zen Badger 22 5937 July 2, 2017 at 12:12 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Mars? jem304eyer 86 18357 January 21, 2015 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Stay tuned for news from the NASA's Curiosity Mars rover Anomalocaris 9 7257 November 29, 2012 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The latest from Mars rover Curiosity Jackalope 1 1856 August 30, 2012 at 1:48 am
Last Post: ib.me.ub
  Pyramids/Face of Cydonia and Tubes on Mars fuckass365 13 15781 May 18, 2012 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Mars science laboratory Curiosity set for lift off popeyespappy 7 3275 November 28, 2011 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious