Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mars?
Mars?
Is man kid going to live on Mars in the future? Why is this?? Does mars even have gravity? Will man kind ever come back? If you know answers to any of the questions please fill me in!
RE: Mars?
Does Mars have gravity? Are you for real? Smile

I recommend the wikipedia articles on Mars and colonization of mars
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Of course it has gravity. I don't know if we'll ever have a Mars colony, or be able to make it habitable. if Mankind ever needs to leaves this planet, it may or may not renew its resources.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(December 6, 2014 at 8:07 pm)Alex K Wrote: Does Mars have gravity? Are you for real? Smile

Sorry I am tired.
Who is man kid?
(December 6, 2014 at 8:08 pm)jem304eyer Wrote:
(December 6, 2014 at 8:07 pm)Alex K Wrote: Does Mars have gravity? Are you for real? Smile

Sorry I am tired.

That's ok Smile

The annoying thing about mars seems to me in the long run that the atmosphere is so thin. Now Venus, there's something you can work with!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Say what?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(December 6, 2014 at 8:12 pm)Alex K Wrote: The annoying thing about mars seems to me in the long run that the atmosphere is so thin. Now Venus, there's something you can work with!

Well, yeah, if you don't mind scorching temperatures, unbreathable atmosphere, and pressure equal to a thousand meters under the sea.

Other than that, it's just dandy.

Oh, yeah - hope you like clouds.
I don't really see humanity sticking around in this solar system in the future. At the rate our technology is progressing, and with the huge number of earth-like habitable candidates on our list, humanity will most likely settle in a world outside our current solar system, and then proceed to infect the rest of the universe till the inter-galactic counsel decides to step in.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(December 6, 2014 at 8:18 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: I don't really see humanity sticking around in this solar system in the future. At the rate our technology is progressing, and with the huge number of earth-like habitable candidates on our list, humanity will most likely settle in a world outside our current solar system, and then proceed to infect the rest of the universe till the inter-galactic counsel decides to step in.

If we don't blow ourselves up first, that is.

In any case, it would be a reasonable first step to settle in our solar system. If for nothing else then for ressources.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life on Mars is looking tempting. ignoramus 40 6191 December 6, 2019 at 6:06 am
Last Post: ThinkingIsThinking
  Moon is part of Mars Anomalocaris 79 6702 June 17, 2019 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Mars Yonadav 36 2146 February 19, 2019 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Body Of Water Discovered On Mars A Theist 4 959 July 26, 2018 at 6:32 am
Last Post: A Theist
  NASA denies mars child slave colony Zen Badger 22 6003 July 2, 2017 at 12:12 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Mars Mission in Jeopardy Rahul 10 4310 October 8, 2013 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Stay tuned for news from the NASA's Curiosity Mars rover Anomalocaris 9 7273 November 29, 2012 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The latest from Mars rover Curiosity Jackalope 1 1866 August 30, 2012 at 1:48 am
Last Post: ib.me.ub
  Pyramids/Face of Cydonia and Tubes on Mars fuckass365 13 15857 May 18, 2012 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Mars science laboratory Curiosity set for lift off popeyespappy 7 3290 November 28, 2011 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious