Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why don't atheists support scientology?
why don't atheists support scientology?
Scientology gets a lot of bad rep from the media, but hey every religion has it cooks.

I been checking it out and I think its helping me a lot. YOu can go on their website and see local churches close to you (usually in bigger cities.)

Check out this video its only 1 minute long but its what motivated to give it a try:

<VIDEO REMOVED>

see? Scientology is a quest for knowledge, just like atheism.

And i been going to the church and they havn't tried to take all my money - yes they sold me a couple books but nowadays the church has evolved that you dont have to spend all your money on auditing you can get a "self analysis" book and fix the negative energy within you urself!

its just a great community and the people are really firendly, please just the watch the video!

its just like atheism, int he video they talk about knowledge, non comformity, thinking for yourself, being a free thinker.
RE: why don't atheists support scientology?
(October 10, 2013 at 9:59 am)leodeo Wrote: Scientology gets a lot of bad rep from the media, but hey every religion has it cooks.

I been checking it out and I think its helping me a lot. YOu can go on their website and see local churches close to you (usually in bigger cities.)

Check out this video its only 1 minute long but its what motivated to give it a try:

<Video removed>

see? Scientology is a quest for knowledge, just like atheism.

And i been going to the church and they havn't tried to take all my money - yes they sold me a couple books but nowadays the church has evolved that you dont have to spend all your money on auditing you can get a "self analysis" book and fix the negative energy within you urself!

its just a great community and the people are really firendly, please just the watch the video!

its just like atheism, int he video they talk about knowledge, non comformity, thinking for yourself, being a free thinker.

Are you kidding me? Seriously?

You expect a rational, skeptical person to buy into the woo-woo scam of Scientology?

You must be a troll. You are certainly not skeptical.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
well im not saying u have to believe all the spirtual aspects - but isnt it just like atheism in the sense that its a "quest for knowledge" and finding out what is true for you?
Asking why atheists don't support Scientology is like asking why doctors don't support cancer.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 10, 2013 at 10:10 am)Faith No More Wrote: Asking why atheists don't support Scientology is like asking why doctors don't support cancer.

well i just meant in the aspect of searching for knowledge and being a free thinker they are similar - also u dont have to necessarily believe in a god
Are you aware of the horrible things that go on within that organization? Have you heard any testimony from ex-Scientologists?

For your viewing pleasure...

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
If you're really, truly searching for knowledge, you don't join a cult.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Yeah well, so much for politeness from scientology. Shame on them, spamming their propaganda.
There isn't anything particularly new in Scientology it's essentially just some of the elements of the esoteric/occult Western tradition repackaged in science fiction and delivered as an expensive self help course. The E-meter was originally developed by C. G. Jung as well. Throw in some hack science fiction about aliens being blown by nuclear bombs inside volcanoes. If you really want to know the truth here are the essentials you need to utilize on your spiritual journey.

[Image: vector-of-white-christian-boy-reading-ho...o-3868.jpg]

[Image: holy-spirit.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPPEkAtDLv19bNP-si8RJ...O9muO2FA6e]

[Image: SNF01PRAISE--682_1384567a.jpg]

I'll include the last one as that will build a sense of community and grounding in the world. All of this is free of course, or at least not as expensive as an auditing session would. And a good and much cheaper alternative psychiatry and self help courses.
Come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant.
Is this guy even trying?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him? Nishant Xavier 123 7043 August 6, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2099 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1025 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2861 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Atheists: Why did female with fat butts and short legs exist? Lambe7 14 1971 July 30, 2020 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  [Serious] Why I consider Atheists the Dumbest of the Dumb theMadJW 63 8149 May 13, 2020 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Why Are Atheists so Stupid Neo-Scholastic 125 15482 October 7, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Why do theist often drop the letter s when referring to atheists? I_am_not_mafia 56 11912 August 23, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Why are Atheists in America ok with cannibalism through consent Kaloomi 67 10921 June 23, 2018 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why don't some people understand lack of belief? Der/die AtheistIn 125 22063 April 20, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet