Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fucking Public Schools
Fucking Public Schools
I thought I'd start a thread to complain about all things stupid having to do with public schools after I saw this article...

Quote:Two weeks ago, Erin received a call from a friend at a party who was too drunk to drive. Erin drove to Boxford after work to pick up her friend. Moments after she arrived, the cops arrived too and busted several kids for underage possession of alcohol.

A North Andover High School honor student, Erin was cleared by police, who agreed she had not been drinking and was not in possession of alcohol. But Andover High told Erin she was in violation of the district’s zero tolerance policy against alcohol and drug use. In the middle of her senior year, Erin was demoted from captain of the volleyball team and told she would be suspended from playing for five games.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/13/no...rom-party/

It seems that a literal reading of the rules has overcome common sense in our public schools. It should be about doing the right thing, not strict adherence to the letter of the law. I hope they win their lawsuit, but there isn't much room for common sense in a courtroom.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
RE: Fucking Public Schools
(October 14, 2013 at 2:23 pm)Faith No More Wrote: there isn't much room for common sense in a courtroom.
Truer words were never spoken.
How about what I'm contending with?

We moved to NC this summer. One look at my son's unofficial transcripts, and they shifted him to the local college fast track magnet school. In fact, within two weeks they determined he was eligible to graduate in the middle of the year.(11th grade!) Sounds awesome, yeah? Well, they needed the official transcripts from his old school. Nothing. We called...five times. Nothing. After concerted effort, we got them faxed. Guess what? Because we left a week before school's official end, that dump decided he was an incomplete, and refuses to consider him a pass for 10th grade. We have letters from the guidance counselor who assured us his high scores, plus his approved final high scores(nothing below a 96) were all they could hope for. Now that counselor is gone, and the school says, 'he wouldn't do that'. They claim the North Carolina school has to decide themselves whegher or not to accept an incomplete semester. Uh, assholes, he completed it there...you just refuse to sign off on it! Why would the new school have to, or want to, just let a kid slide anyways? No...that PA school screwed up. My wife had to go to the superintendant there and shame him...badly...before he decided to look into it. This is day two without a satisfactory conclusion. My boy is on pins and needles trying to get a seat for ACT and SAT's...he sure doesn't need this.
Any school administrator who could come up with this abortion should be taken out and beaten with sticks until the message sinks in.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/...d-him?lite

The inmates are running the asylums.
(October 14, 2013 at 4:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Any school administrator who could come up with this abortion should be taken out and beaten with sticks until the message sinks in.

Uh, so if he just jabbed his thumb at his chest instead, would they hide the silverware and put him on suicide watch?
Yeah, I was sexually harassed in Kindergarten and here is what the school did.

1. Accused me of lying.
2. Blamed me.
3. Told the child who harassed me of my complaint against him.
4. Suspended the child who harassed me for one week, then threw him back in class with me. Great, he had reason to be mad at me and I had no defense. I had to spend the whole rest of the school year trying to avoid him. I was 4.
5. Never put the two of us in the same class again. As though I was the problem.
(October 14, 2013 at 4:24 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote:
(October 14, 2013 at 4:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Any school administrator who could come up with this abortion should be taken out and beaten with sticks until the message sinks in.

Uh, so if he just jabbed his thumb at his chest instead, would they hide the silverware and put him on suicide watch?

It's a fair assumption.
I'm sorry to hear about that experience, futilethewinds.

Given that both children were in the 4-5 year old range, what do you think the school ought to have done? I sat looking at your post for a long time mulling how I would handle this if I were your old Principal, and it's a poser. If a 4-year-old is sexually harassing another 4-year-old, there's something very seriously wrong in that kid's life (it's actually a major red flag that your harasser may have been being abused himself); it's way different than a 15-year-old doing it. How do you tackle the problem to help both him and you?
(October 14, 2013 at 4:56 pm)Zazzy Wrote: I'm sorry to hear about that experience, futilethewinds.

Given that both children were in the 4-5 year old range, what do you think the school ought to have done? I sat looking at your post for a long time mulling how I would handle this if I were your old Principal, and it's a poser. If a 4-year-old is sexually harassing another 4-year-old, there's something very seriously wrong in that kid's life (it's actually a major red flag that your harasser may have been being abused himself); it's way different than a 15-year-old doing it. How do you tackle the problem to help both him and you?
He had actually been held back, so he was 5. But nonetheless, yes, this is really unusual. The school doesn't really have tools to deal with a child's sexual harassment if it occurs at home. I just wish they had put a stop to it, because according to the stories I've heard, he just got worse as he got older.
(October 14, 2013 at 4:48 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: Yeah, I was sexually harassed in Kindergarten and here is what the school did.

1. Accused me of lying.
2. Blamed me.
3. Told the child who harassed me of my complaint against him.
4. Suspended the child who harassed me for one week, then threw him back in class with me. Great, he had reason to be mad at me and I had no defense. I had to spend the whole rest of the school year trying to avoid him. I was 4.
5. Never put the two of us in the same class again. As though I was the problem.
This is meant as irony - I mean no disrespect.
Perhaps they did it because you are gay? Since people are born as is, and that frightens insecure and ignorant people. I was held back from a science field trip (age 5) for stumping my teacher with a question she was unable to answer. She said I showed her disrespect by questioning her methods, and she punished me by taking away the one thing she knew I wanted most (the field trip). Furthermore, she put me into the third grade class for the day as a punishment (I was in kindergarten at the time). The third grade teacher allowed me to participate in class activities as I felt comfortable. She was astonished that I aced the third grade math quiz while none of her students came close. The prize tor the highest score on the quiz (my score was 100% - in the shortest time too) was a Dynamite™ magazine. ALL of the third grade class became my buddies and I was a hero for a day. When my kindergarten teacher heard about my success (academically and socially) she caused me to apologize to the third grade class for what she called "Embarrassing them". Needless to say, she made herself look like a fool in front of her colleague, and made me into an even bigger hero. I love it when ignorance costs the ignorant; where the victors are the brave and true.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you say anything to anti maskers in public? Brian37 37 2263 January 6, 2021 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  TH FUCKING SNIFFLES! Rhizomorph13 4 438 March 9, 2020 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The proper way to breastfeed in public Foxaèr 21 1809 April 21, 2019 at 7:29 am
  Why I'm so fucking angry GUBU 8 910 November 17, 2018 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Chad32
  I fucking quit... Jackalope 311 32925 October 8, 2018 at 11:52 am
  I love this place, you fucking punks J a c k 22 1691 October 5, 2018 at 8:19 am
  Where do you stand on breastfeeding in public? Cod 74 7605 September 4, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Pooperintendant of Schools? Minimalist 14 1510 May 4, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Men who don't flush public toilets Alexmahone 32 3043 April 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Are public schools really like this now? Foxaèr 24 2749 July 30, 2017 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger