Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon Age
Dragon Age
How many people have played Dragon Age Origins?

How many times have you played it?
What did you play as?
Did you romance anyone?
Favourite event/thing/diaglogue/doozywatsit?
RE: Dragon Age
My favorite thing in that game is going to the Pearl and choosing "surprise me."

I've played both Origins and II several times. On my first playthrough I chose a female rogue human noble, I had to become queen, of course! So yeah, I romanced Alistair. Now I'm playing again with a human mage, and boy is it a lot easier! The mage is so much more powerful than the rogue and with the arcane mage build I'm going to be unstoppable. Even though the warrior is absolutely useless in the game, I usually go with Alistair, Wynne and Morrigan, I just love the banter they have, especially when Wynne teases Alistair. Though the funniest ones to talk with in camp are definitely Oghren and Shale. The character I like the least is Leliana, she's just so full of it. Zevran is funny too, but the first time I 'met' him I just happened to find myself in his tent, even though I was romancing Alistair, and I felt so bad that I had to load the game anew. But yeah, that's about it Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I've played Origins twice now, once as a male elf mage who romanced Morrigan, and again years later as a female human fighter, who got it in with Leliana. It's been a while since I played it, so I can only remember broad strokes, but I recall distinctly liking the quest to get Allistair in the same room as his estranged sister, just because of how depressing and awkward that all turned out. Having a mission without any possible victory struck me as really brave for a game.

I've only played the sequel once, again as a female fighter- I like playing girls in games that let me roleplay these days- and romanced Merrill, because she's totally adorable and also voiced by Eve Myles from Torchwood. Big Grin The ending kind of soured me on the series, and yet I'm still anticipating Inquisition, when it finally comes out.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I played DA: O a few times, my main was a dwarf noble warrior. Romanced morrigan.

I actually liked the story telling and gameplay of DA2 better, although the characters and setting weren't as great as the first game. Like Esquilax I played as a female character albeit a rogue. Something about that preset female just lends itself to being a badass. Much the same with femshep in the Mass Effect series.

Kay, I actually think the rogue is the most powerful character if you use it right. Crit hit backstabs are what can get you some mega damage scores.

And I know this is DA2, but it's funny as fuck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88JoB2OatVg
I loved Dragon Age: Origins, I played through as almost every character combination conceivable but I always favor the Mage class.

Dragon Age 2 was fun but vastly disappointing when it came to area and the first act. That being said the graphics were wonderful and the magic system was fun if a little lax on technical playthrough.

Really looking forward to Inquisition when it comes out next year. Smile
(October 24, 2013 at 4:32 pm)Aral Gamelon Wrote: Really looking forward to Inquisition when it comes out next year. Smile

Hell yeah (if they keep on schedule, that is)!
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(October 24, 2013 at 6:07 pm)Kayenneh Wrote:
(October 24, 2013 at 4:32 pm)Aral Gamelon Wrote: Really looking forward to Inquisition when it comes out next year. Smile

Hell yeah (if they keep on schedule, that is)!

I'd rather have delays and get a good game than have to get through another Mass Effect 3 ending-style debacle. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Oh, absolutely. What do you guys think, do we get to go to the Black Citadel, and meet the Maker (so to speak Tongue), if he even exists?

I played it all the time, until I had to get rid of my PS3. Now, without a proper gaming system, I have been spending all my time playing the online MMO Forsaken World, which is partly why I have been absent from the forum.

I usually played the Mage or Rogue. As a gay man (I'm reminded of the video fallen PMed me), I loved romancing the rogue elf. Cannot remember his name.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am I the best age of empires 2 player on AF? Edwardo Piet 33 4432 February 18, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Offering Age Of Empires 2: HD Edition Training Sessions Edwardo Piet 0 475 July 28, 2017 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Age Of Empires 2: HD Edition Edwardo Piet 14 2938 January 27, 2017 at 12:41 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Question for Dragon Age fans Foxaèr 19 2211 November 27, 2016 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Dragon Age Inquisition Napoléon 31 7593 January 18, 2015 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Free Game: Age of Wonders Jaysyn 2 1279 December 4, 2014 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Dragon Age: Origins Jaysyn 9 2281 October 13, 2014 at 3:37 pm
  Dragon Age *SPOLERS* Tearjerker 23 6612 April 5, 2011 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Jax
  Does anyone remember Age of Mythology? The Skeptic 5 2252 January 14, 2011 at 5:54 pm