Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age Of Empires 2: HD Edition
Age Of Empires 2: HD Edition
Anyone else play Aoe2 HD on Steam?

It's my favorite game of all time.

My Steam name is simplybeourselves if anyone ways to play.
RE: Age Of Empires 2: HD Edition
We played AoE II excessively and always waited for this (or even better, the same game with extended units and buildings) alas now that it's there, there's no time to play...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Well as soon as you get chance to play let me know! I fucking love this game!

31 civs now! xD

I played that to death when I was at Purdue, rather cathartic. These days people just want to splatter blood and gore, or so it seems to me.
AoE2 > All other games ever made.

Although SC: BW is pretty fucking amazing.

I doubt SC2 is as good as SC:BW.

Still AoE2 is the best game ever and now it has 31 civs and is HD... nothing beats it. Also it's on Steam and Steam motherfucking rules.
I know nothing about Steam.
Not really.  I've been into the Civilizations games; been playing Civ 6 for a while and it has some really interesting features over the past iterations.  I've heard AoE is a similar 4X style game, but I haven't played it.  

I may get into it, I may not.  I dunno.  I mean, I recently got a PS4 and a new computer and several games for both, so I kinda feel like, instead of adding new games to my collection, maybe I should play some of what I have and let my current games digest first.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
AoE is not 4X at all.

It's much more like Starcraft in Medieval times although you have longer to develop. The earliest rush takes several minutes more and the game is less fast.

4 resources instead of 2. Wood, food, gold, stone. 4 ages, dark age, feudal age, castle age, imperial age.

But anyways... my keyboard is messing up currently so it will be a while before I can play some more Sad

But when I can fuck it will be awesome! Best game ever.

Rise of Nations is much more like Civ, Tara. You may like that. Rise of Nations is created by Sid Meir, the creator of Civ. It's a RTS though but it is more like a cross between Age of Empires and Civilization. I actually think I may prefer it to age of empires 3, it's an amazing game. Nothing will beat Age 2 for me though. But Rise of Nations is an incredible game.

I always really enjoyed the second Civ game when I was younger. But nowadays I find it too slow. And not interested in getting the newer games, better graphics does nothing for me and I doubt my computer could handle it anyway.
(December 29, 2016 at 9:35 am)TaraJo Wrote: Not really.  I've been into the Civilizations games; been playing Civ 6 for a while and it has some really interesting features over the past iterations.  

I've been playing Civ 6 too.  I really enjoyed my first run-through.  But everytime I replay, I keep end up going science, and then switching over to world domination victory.  I mean. . . if you have the science, why not blow shit up, amirite?

I tried to do a pure religion game, but I annoyed an ally by converting his city, and I got pub-stomped very early in the game and gave it up.

Not sure how I'll ever be able to win except by my brilliant military strategy.

btw, I wish there could be a deeper game than Civ 6-- one with like RPG elements (you can choose to actually play a priest when entering a city, do some kind of quest or minigame to improve your chances of getting a conversion-- and also Total War-style battles, diplomatic conversations with stats to each diplomat that affect conversation outcomes, etc."

Expected playing time-- 1 year per game. Big Grin
(January 15, 2017 at 10:45 pm)bennyboy Wrote: I tried to do a pure religion game, but I annoyed an ally by converting his city, and I got pub-stomped very early in the game and gave it up.

Religion eh?

Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am I the best age of empires 2 player on AF? Edwardo Piet 33 4432 February 18, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Offering Age Of Empires 2: HD Edition Training Sessions Edwardo Piet 0 475 July 28, 2017 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Question for Dragon Age fans Foxaèr 19 2210 November 27, 2016 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Dragon Age Inquisition Napoléon 31 7591 January 18, 2015 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Free Game: Age of Wonders Jaysyn 2 1279 December 4, 2014 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Dragon Age: Origins Jaysyn 9 2281 October 13, 2014 at 3:37 pm
  Dragon Age IAmNotHere 16 2819 November 3, 2013 at 9:21 pm
Last Post: IAmNotHere
  Dragon Age *SPOLERS* Tearjerker 23 6612 April 5, 2011 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Jax
  Does anyone remember Age of Mythology? The Skeptic 5 2252 January 14, 2011 at 5:54 pm