Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age: Origins
You can get Dragon Age: Origins free from EA till Oct 14th. You must have or create an EA Origin account for this promo. Normally I'd stay away from promoting anything to do with EA, but Dragon Age is an excellent game.

They are also offering Bejeweled 3 if you are into that.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
RE: Dragon Age: Origins
Cheers for this, I sold DA a while ago for my ps3 and always regretted it. Should be fun to play on PC. If I get time that is.
Only pain of playing it on a PC is movement. Very annoying if you're anywhere near a wall... but trying to get through a door in a small corridor?

That's nauseatingly difficult.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Loved DA: Origins, still have it on my Mac. Really looking forward to Inquisition.
(October 9, 2014 at 10:12 am)Alice Wrote: Only pain of playing it on a PC is movement. Very annoying if you're anywhere near a wall... but trying to get through a door in a small corridor?

That's nauseatingly difficult.

I personally had no issues with this in exploration or 3rd person mode. Were you using a mouse & keyboard?
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
The whole package (all expansions everything) was 7 bucks on steam.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
(October 10, 2014 at 10:13 am)Jaysyn Wrote: I personally had no issues with this in exploration or 3rd person mode. Were you using a mouse & keyboard?

If I could hook a console up, that would be pretty nice. To get through a door with the mouse, I had to click to outside of the door, turn, click to inside of the door, hope I go through, turn, and continue playing Navigate Through More Small Corridors. Heaven forbid those few times you want to step up to a door, but not come inside of it... click the door funny and my Warden would execute the fanciest mad twirly dash for the corner of whatever room I was trying to not go into.

Perhaps your characters pathed better for you. Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I never played the Dragon Age games, but I've heard they're alright. They kinda have to be good if they're going to warrent a sequel. Anyone want to fill me in on what type of game they are or what they're like?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(October 10, 2014 at 12:27 pm)bladevalant546 Wrote: The whole package (all expansions everything) was 7 bucks on steam.

Yeah I picked it up on sale a while back. Haven't played it yet.

I'm gonna remedy that now.
(October 11, 2014 at 7:11 pm)TaraJo Wrote: I never played the Dragon Age games, but I've heard they're alright. They kinda have to be good if they're going to warrent a sequel. Anyone want to fill me in on what type of game they are or what they're like?

Fantasy RPG set in a very grim setting. Kinda Baldur's Gate meets Game of Thrones.

You can't beat it for nearly free (it's not completely free as EA is getting more mindshare from you installing Origin.

(October 10, 2014 at 12:27 pm)bladevalant546 Wrote: The whole package (all expansions everything) was 7 bucks on steam.

Yeah, I grabbed it during the Spring sale too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am I the best age of empires 2 player on AF? Edwardo Piet 33 4390 February 18, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Offering Age Of Empires 2: HD Edition Training Sessions Edwardo Piet 0 470 July 28, 2017 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Age Of Empires 2: HD Edition Edwardo Piet 14 2924 January 27, 2017 at 12:41 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Question for Dragon Age fans Foxaèr 19 2174 November 27, 2016 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Dragon Age Inquisition Napoléon 31 7555 January 18, 2015 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Free Game: Age of Wonders Jaysyn 2 1277 December 4, 2014 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Dragon Age IAmNotHere 16 2804 November 3, 2013 at 9:21 pm
Last Post: IAmNotHere
  Dragon Age *SPOLERS* Tearjerker 23 6588 April 5, 2011 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Jax
  Does anyone remember Age of Mythology? The Skeptic 5 2246 January 14, 2011 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn