Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Gender and Sex discussion.
[split] Gender and Sex discussion.
(October 21, 2009 at 6:39 pm)Amphora Wrote: hehehe most people are wrong, and they don't admit it when they are wrong

Fixed (with the bold). It applies to both sexes :p

EvF
RE: Ladies, are you Atheists?
EvF Wrote:It applies to people; independent of any sexual influence

Joke Also fixed Tongue (Cause of intersex, trans, etc)
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Well when gender is a spectrum then whoever you are you have some male or female genes.

But yes, not both as in absolutely 100% male and 100% female. But since gender is technically more of a spectrum, then is anyone really 100%? Most people might be like 9.99999999999%, etc., male or female, for instance.

EvF
Well, I am 99.9r% male so....

Rhizo
Haha, I thought that might come into it Tongue

EvF
Evie,

Are you almost 10% male or almost 10% female?

Rhizo
Can I just say...

"What the fuck?"

False dichotomy.

EvF
Well, there are people with no sex whatsoever. With all that could happen... it seems to me to be more of a blender than a spectrum (Hermaphodites would be kind of iffy on a spectrum, as would Trans). It all depends on perspective I guess Smile Mutation = many chances for anything to occur, really Tongue
(October 26, 2009 at 4:07 pm)Saerules Wrote: Well, there are people with no sex whatsoever.
Some people have neither X nor Y chromosomes?

Quote: With all that could happen... it seems to me to be more of a blender than a spectrum (Hermaphodites would be kind of iffy on a spectrum, as would Trans). It all depends on perspective I guess Smile Mutation = many chances for anything to occur, really Tongue

If you have both sexes then you still have some X and Y chromosomes yeah? And I doubt they would have exactly the same amount of both, even if they are Hermaphrodites, I could be wrong, but I think this is all more of a spectrum that 100% black or white. Males aren't 100% testosterone and females aren't 100% estrogen , of course (for example).

Trans? What by operation you mean? That doesn't change the genes though does it?

EvF
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersexuality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-determination_system a little list.

Quote:That doesn't change the genes though does it?
Sadly it doesn't. But wouldn't you say that their sex has changed via SRS (Sexual Reassignment Surgery)? Of course, your genital sex would differentiate from your neurological sex (if you were transgendered)... so what that means about your sexual genetic makeup: i have no idea. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gender Lek 139 7254 August 11, 2023 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Atheist Discussion down Thumpalumpacus 16 1205 June 15, 2022 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN Macoleco 64 5214 February 18, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2233 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Of gender/breadwinners/ and politics. Brian37 0 392 January 21, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  [split] PSA: Hate Speech (discussion of video etc) Huggy Bear 223 7443 May 3, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Brunei to Punish Adultery and Gay Sex With Death by Stoning Megabullshit 0 230 March 31, 2019 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Megabullshit
  Panel Discussion on Personally Influential Books Neo-Scholastic 20 2374 November 20, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Civil Commentary on the R'lyeh commentary on Civil Discussion Threads Whateverist 5 1222 November 18, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  What Was Your Sex Education Like? Jade-Green Stone 30 2722 October 21, 2018 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: chimp3