Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elliott Page is an actor who was born a woman, possesses female equipment and DNA, and now claims to be a man. I was born as a man possessing male DNA and male equipment and also claim to be a man. What is the common thread between they and me that we share to identify as men?
RE: Gender
Lots of straight guys seem to have mental hard-ons for Elliot Page.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Why three copies of the same post?

Error, glitch, or...

Edit: I'll assume it was an error. Extra posts deleted.

Edit 2: That's okay, I didn't really want an answer. I was just joking.

Or even acknowledgement for fixing the screwups.

Both of them.
Dying to live, living to die.
(July 15, 2023 at 10:00 pm)Lek Wrote: Elliott Page is an actor who was born a woman, possesses female equipment and DNA, and now claims to be a man. I was born as a man possessing male DNA and male equipment and also claim to be a man. What is the common thread between they and me that we share to identify as men?

I feel pretty sure that Elliott Page's identity as a man is in her mind while yours is further south.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

What many people fail to comprehend is that being either male or female is more than biology.
~ Erin Hunter
(July 15, 2023 at 10:22 pm)Tomato Wrote: What many people fail to comprehend is that being either male or female is more than biology.
Name me one quality, other than biological, that makes one a man?
(July 15, 2023 at 10:00 pm)Lek Wrote: Elliott Page is an actor who was born a woman, possesses female equipment and DNA, and now claims to be a man. I was born as a man possessing male DNA and male equipment and also claim to be a man. What is the common thread between they and me that we share to identify as men?

It's hard to understand experientially if you're not trans. But someone like Elliott would say that they have this very strong feeling that they're more aligned with the men within their societies than they are with the women, physiologically, psychologically, and societally. They experience themselves as men, and not just claim to be men. So why be disrespectful with regards to their own experiences and insist they can't be counted as men?
(July 15, 2023 at 10:28 pm)Lek Wrote:
(July 15, 2023 at 10:22 pm)Tomato Wrote: What many people fail to comprehend is that being either male or female is more than biology.
Name me one quality, other than biological, that makes one a man?

External perception matters less than personal, internal identity. To accept that someone understands himself better than you do is a pinnacle of sophistication.
~ Erin Hunter
(July 15, 2023 at 10:33 pm)GrandizerII Wrote:

It's hard to understand experientially if you're not trans. But someone like Elliott would say that they have this very strong feeling that they're more aligned with the men within their societies than they are with the women, physiologically, psychologically, and societally. They experience themselves as men, and not just claim to be men. So why be disrespectful with regards to their own experiences and insist they can't be counted as men?
Because they aren't men. You can't even identify one single non-biological characteristic that makes one male. If I tell you I see pink elephants should you respect me and agree?
It would be more honest to say "I was born a woman, but always felt like a man". That's the truth, rather than saying "I am now a man".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN Macoleco 64 5313 February 18, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Of gender/breadwinners/ and politics. Brian37 0 394 January 21, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Should Gender Stereotypes be challenged? ErGingerbreadMandude 146 12698 January 21, 2016 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What Gender Is Your Brain? NoraBrimstone 33 5896 June 22, 2013 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: max-greece
  Gender Genie Rayaan 8 3131 July 3, 2012 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Annik
  Science and Gender thesummerqueen 9 2112 November 30, 2011 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Diamond
  [split] Gender and Sex discussion. Edwardo Piet 47 14326 October 29, 2009 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13