Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how does christianity explain the inequality of quality of life?
how does christianity explain the inequality of quality of life?
i have recently become an atheist, but im still wondering about things in christinaity that made 0 sense to me.

for example, why is it that some christians people end up with great careers and seem to have a really nice life, and others struggle and struggle and just cant seem to get anywhere.

does god bless some people more than others? if so why?

is god against social justice?

in heaven will everything be equal? if christianity preaches so much these days that our "works" don't have any value compared to our "faith", will "riches in heaven" just be more prominent to people who just exhibit more faith in this life?
RE: how does christianity explain the inequality of quality of life?
(October 31, 2013 at 3:19 pm)leodeo Wrote: i have recently become an atheist, but im still wondering about things in christinaity that made 0 sense to me.

for example, why is it that some christians people end up with great careers and seem to have a really nice life, and others struggle and struggle and just cant seem to get anywhere.

does god bless some people more than others?
Yes.
Quote:if so why?
I don't think there's a blanket answer, rather god has his plan for each individual. Some Biblical figures are blessed for their faithfulness. Some aren't. Paul was specifically told that he'd suffer for the faith, and when he prayed for a physical ailment to be taken from him, god said that his grace was sufficient for Paul, i.e. he wasn't taking the pain away.

Personally I was a drug addict for fifteen years. I was saved during that time, but God let me suffer for years before taking it away. Personally I think he wanted me to be humbled so that I could be of more use and have greater happiness later. People who meet me now see the great life and career, but there was a lot of misery leading up to that.
Quote:in heaven will everything be equal? if christianity preaches so much these days that our "works" don't have any value compared to our "faith", will "riches in heaven" just be more prominent to people who just exhibit more faith in this life?
IMO the Bible's pretty clear that no, things will not be equal in heaven (or in hell).
(October 31, 2013 at 3:19 pm)leodeo Wrote: i have recently become an atheist, but im still wondering about things in christinaity that made 0 sense to me.

Me too, except I'm not wondering about that crazy shit anymore.

(October 31, 2013 at 3:19 pm)leodeo Wrote: for example, why is it that some christians people end up with great careers and seem to have a really nice life, and others struggle and struggle and just cant seem to get anywhere.

Shit happens.

(October 31, 2013 at 3:19 pm)leodeo Wrote: does god bless some people more than others? if so why?

No, because god is not real.

(October 31, 2013 at 3:19 pm)leodeo Wrote: is god against social justice?

The god of the bible is.

(October 31, 2013 at 3:19 pm)leodeo Wrote: in heaven will everything be equal?

There is no heaven.

(October 31, 2013 at 3:19 pm)leodeo Wrote: if christianity preaches so much these days that our "works" don't have any value compared to our "faith", will "riches in heaven" just be more prominent to people who just exhibit more faith in this life?

See above response.
Quote: for example, why is it that some christians people end up with great careers and seem to have a really nice life, and others struggle and struggle and just cant seem to get anywhere.

Well, religion can be a PART of that, like if a city is a known religious capital that had a grand economical influx for what it is worth. And the people there just tend to have good schools and reliable employment opportunities after graduation.

But then again, maybe they are just ambitious enough to get that success.
Success, or failure in various endeavours has fuck-all to do with religion. A nose to the grindstone with a side of luck is all you need. You can blame or praise underwear gnomes all you want for it, but they aren't the reason.

Your references to heaven are lost on me. You assume it exists it seems, I don't. Lala land can have any attributes you can imagine...it's the benefit of it being make believe.
[Image: tumblr_mjrkbhTP6N1qas7dno1_r1_500.gif]
[Image: i_want_the_truth.png]
[Image: there-is-no-truth.jpg]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
[Image: 37922398.jpg]

"And that perception is not skin-deep, skin-long, or skin-wide, but skin-timely?"
The Christianity I was taught when I was a Christian certainly didn't entail the promise of an excellent mortal life. Quite to the contrary, I was often told that I would be hated, as Christ was hated.

Which turned out to be bullshit, what with ~78% of Americans being Christians. Regardless, I was never myself taught that God would magically bestow heavrn on earth. Though, that is peddled by just about every televangelist, like T.D. Jakes, Max Lucado, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can you explain the miracle of the Holy Fire? Thracian 42 10893 April 23, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Explain this, theists Foxaèr 58 11980 April 23, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, vaahaa 19 2812 September 18, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  If someone says science can't explain everything what's the best way to repond? ReptilianPeon 94 13253 December 14, 2016 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  An eternal life is a worthless life. Lucanus 47 12420 December 24, 2014 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Does Prayer Really Work? Does God Even Care? Eel_LahjicK 63 11598 August 18, 2014 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - thunderhulk 30 7873 December 16, 2013 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - Jaya Jagannath 15 6291 October 19, 2013 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Can anyone explain how this wasn't God? normawesjean 64 26894 January 13, 2012 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  gods quality control downbeatplumb 1 1731 December 23, 2010 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Dotard