Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuck Katt Williams
Fuck Katt Williams
One of the reasons why I hold a personal grudge towards all christiansSadRefer to 2:40 in the video) Also, who the fuck does this guy think he is to openly insult ALL atheists? I wish there was a realm similar to hell where everyone foolish enough to believe in this type of shit and openly mock atheists could go. Like I said before, I hate I won't get to see the day where religion is obsolete and 95%+ of the population is atheist. I could rant for DAYS, but fuck it. Arrgghh

sine extra stuffss

RE: Fuck Katt Williams
I admit to not watching the videos, but even so, your indignance seems a bit overboard. Haters gonna hate..so why sweat them?
He's a "comedian". He has to appeal to the lowest common denominator. And there's not much in the world lower than a creationist or a fundie.
Dying to live, living to die.
And all the goodwill he got for playing A Pimp Named Slickback got flushed completely down the toilet. Seriously, this guy's worked with Seltzerberg and now that I've heard this, it seems like a new low.

As for this video, he should have noticed that Katt said "Jesus has been kicking ass for a long time," even though, by the standards of the major world religions, Christianity is actually one of the younger ones. He should have noted that Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, Hinduism, the Jews, or any of the Chinese Folk religions have been kicking ass even longer than Jesus.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(November 19, 2013 at 2:45 am)Rigor Mortis Wrote: One of the reasons why I hold a personal grudge towards all christiansSadRefer to 2:40 in the video) Also, who the fuck does this guy think he is to openly insult ALL atheists? I wish there was a realm similar to hell where everyone foolish enough to believe in this type of shit and openly mock atheists could go. Like I said before, I hate I won't get to see the day where religion is obsolete and 95%+ of the population is atheist. I could rant for DAYS, but fuck it. Arrgghh

sine extra stuffss

What an idiotic argument. Seriously, why do all these ignoramus atheists exist on the internet?

I never see them in the real world, where they can be embarrassed by anyone with a half-decent knowledge of indentured servanthood practiced in the ancient near-east and slavery in the United States.
(November 20, 2013 at 5:56 pm)Vincenzo "Vinny" G. Wrote:
(November 19, 2013 at 2:45 am)Rigor Mortis Wrote: One of the reasons why I hold a personal grudge towards all christiansSadRefer to 2:40 in the video) Also, who the fuck does this guy think he is to openly insult ALL atheists? I wish there was a realm similar to hell where everyone foolish enough to believe in this type of shit and openly mock atheists could go. Like I said before, I hate I won't get to see the day where religion is obsolete and 95%+ of the population is atheist. I could rant for DAYS, but fuck it. Arrgghh

sine extra stuffss

What an idiotic argument. Seriously, why do all these ignoramus atheists exist on the internet?

I never see them in the real world, where they can be embarrassed by anyone with a half-decent knowledge of indentured servanthood practiced in the ancient near-east and slavery in the United States.

Because they only exist on the internet.

However, ignorant, raving mad theists exist in the real world, too.

Encountered one just yesterday, in fact.
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 20, 2013 at 5:56 pm)Vincenzo "Vinny" G. Wrote:
What an idiotic argument.

What statement is "idiotic?" The one made by Mortis or the one made in the videos? Clarification can be your friend too.

Quote:Seriously, why do all these ignoramus atheists exist on the internet?

Again, clarification. Who are you talking about?

Quote:I never see them in the real world, where they can be embarrassed by anyone with a half-decent knowledge of indentured servanthood practiced in the ancient near-east and slavery in the United States.

I watched both videos and I really don't see what this remark has to do with anything. It seems clear to me that the videos are geared towards pointing out the absurdity of black people becoming christians.

Can you clarify all your positions here. This entire post is a tad confusing.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Frankly I've never heard of Katt Williams until just now. And I'll go on with the rest of my life not caring who he is.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(November 20, 2013 at 6:20 pm)Cinjin Wrote:
(November 20, 2013 at 5:56 pm)Vincenzo "Vinny" G. Wrote: What an idiotic argument.

What statement is "idiotic?" The one made by Mortis or the one made in the videos? Clarification can be your friend too.

Quote:Seriously, why do all these ignoramus atheists exist on the internet?

Again, clarification. Who are you talking about?

Quote:I never see them in the real world, where they can be embarrassed by anyone with a half-decent knowledge of indentured servanthood practiced in the ancient near-east and slavery in the United States.

I watched both videos and I really don't see what this remark has to do with anything. It seems clear to me that the videos are geared towards pointing out the absurdity of black people becoming christians.

Can you clarify all your positions here. This entire post is a tad confusing.

The one made in the video.

Atheists like this guy, "The Amazing Atheist", like half the atheists making youtube videos just seem so profoundly ignorant about the subject they are discussing you simply cannot take them seriously as intelligent people.

The fact is, Judaism is a rich religious tradition with both lots of cultural and theological features, as well as historical data that help us understand the Old Testament and views on slavery at the time.

First of all, any serious student of slavery in the Bible would go back to the Hebrew text not the English translation in determining precisely what it was.

If you've taken the time to study history at all, you find indentured servanthood very common in cultures prior to a certain era. Our stereotypes make us believe that the "old days" was like ancient Athens or Rome- wealthy, powerful, cultured and cosmopolitan. But it wasn't, and a lot of people chose indentured servanthood willingly (though many didn't).

The features of this cultural practice are so drastically different from American slavery that any comparison is laughably ignorant. Historians don't make these arguments. Anthropologists don't. Textual critics and serious academics don't.

Only youtube atheists do. Honestly it's kind of depressing.
(November 20, 2013 at 8:00 pm)Vincenzo "Vinny" G. Wrote: The one made in the video.

Atheists like this guy, "The Amazing Atheist", like half the atheists making youtube videos just seem so profoundly ignorant about the subject they are discussing you simply cannot take them seriously as intelligent people.

The fact is, Judaism is a rich religious tradition with both lots of cultural and theological features, as well as historical data that help us understand the Old Testament and views on slavery at the time.

First of all, any serious student of slavery in the Bible would go back to the Hebrew text not the English translation in determining precisely what it was.

If you've taken the time to study history at all, you find indentured servanthood very common in cultures prior to a certain era. Our stereotypes make us believe that the "old days" was like ancient Athens or Rome- wealthy, powerful, cultured and cosmopolitan. But it wasn't, and a lot of people chose indentured servanthood willingly (though many didn't).

The features of this cultural practice are so drastically different from American slavery that any comparison is laughably ignorant. Historians don't make these arguments. Anthropologists don't. Textual critics and serious academics don't.

Only youtube atheists do. Honestly it's kind of depressing.

I'm really confused. Are you asserting that the Bible doesn't actually condone slavery and that the original Hebrew text of the Bible actually calls these people "indentured servants" rather than "slaves?" Are you making the claim that the Hebrew did not endorse the beating of slaves and that the Biblical text is a lie and furthermore, that anyone who bashes Biblical slavery is an idiot who doesn't realize that "slavery wasn't really all that bad" ????

I'm just as quick to call bull shit on someone as the next but from what I can tell, this videographer, Dusty, was reading the Bible word for word and pointing out that it seems odd that black people would worship jesus. Your argument appears to be that of an apologist's, claiming context and translation arguments rather than reading the book that everyone actually lives by.

I can't find any fault with what this video is saying. He's not lying or bending the truth about what is written in the good old King James Version is he?
He's not making claims that he can't back up correct?
As far as I can tell, his history about slavery in America seems accurate?

I guess I'm just still confused about the argument you're trying to make.
You claim that this Dusty character is an "idiot." I guess I just don't see why?
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oh, For Fuck's Sake... LadyForCamus 23 4350 April 27, 2016 at 5:11 am
Last Post: IanHulett
  Brian Williams 2.0 dyresand 22 3814 February 26, 2015 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Have someone heard the song "ATHEISM,,, FUCK YEAH" Trino34 0 1280 November 15, 2013 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Trino34
  Fuck I Miss Hitchens Tino 35 13983 November 26, 2012 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  How many ways can I fuck up my life? Gambit 11 4396 August 2, 2012 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Gambit