Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many ways can I fuck up my life?
How many ways can I fuck up my life?
For those of you who remember, my GF said she would keep my child from me if I continued to say I was an atheist. So, in my infinite wisdom I thought it would be a good idea to pretend I believed in god but not the Christian god. Anyway, today she brought up baptizing the child and I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I told her I would have nothing to do with it, as it is a Christian ceremony and I am not a Christian.

Now she's giving me the cold shoulder again, and I'm thinking, there really is no way out of this that allows me to have a meaningful place in my child's life. It's almost ironic, because the very fact that I went out to get what I wanted, and she is now pregnant and lives in another country, feels like a punishment for my womanizing ways.

There is no real resolution to this, I just needed to rant about it before breaking things with my head.
RE: How many ways can I fuck up my life?
Unfortunately for her there are laws in place that prevent this. Lawyer up.
(assuming the child was born in the US)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
So, rejected over religion... what's new.

This is why religion must be destroyed - deluded religious people pick their invisible sky fairy over real flesh and blood people who actually exist.

Makes me sick to my stomach every time.
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

i do not envy your position man. i don't know your gf obviously, but i'd think she'll eventually come around to realizing that keeping your child away from you isn't only punishing you.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
I hope, Jackman, but if she doesn't then I'm going to pursue every legal channel I possibly can.
Perhaps this whole issue is less about the religion and more about having control over you.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
i hope too, amigo.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
It could very well be, FNM. She does try to control pretty much everything I think. We had an argument about something the other day, and I dug up as many sources as I could to support my argument, but when I was done she came back with "Fuck you, I think I'm right and things are subject to change, no matter what the "supposed experts" say."
I am very sorry to hear you are going through this Gambit. That has to truly suck. I hope you can get it resolved peacefully for your sake and the sake of the child. Does she not realize that the child will grow to resent and possibly even hate her for this? As well if she tries to control the child's thinking. That woman sounds like a rather interesting mixed bag of neuroses.

As I said, hopefully it gets all straightened out. Maybe in the end you will have sole custody and can keep the baby away from such corrupt and corrosive behavior.
"Stop chasing your tail and relax. Jesus is watching you make shit up." Shell B to CliveStaples

(July 21, 2012 at 12:31 am)cato123 Wrote:
(July 21, 2012 at 12:22 am)C.W. Sims Wrote: I for one, as a homo, must say that if he was a homo, then he had to have looked fabulous on that cross. Nearly naked, body all ripped, oh wait.... yeah, never mind. I'm gonna just stop right there before I offend anyone. ROFLOL

I have a certain distaste for the emoticons, and particularly despise the laughing/rolling dude when used in response to one's own statement, but.....

Holy fuck that was funny! "Nearly naked, body all ripped,....". Oh, fuck me. I'm still laughing but can no longer piss myself since I've emptied the tank.
(August 2, 2012 at 8:59 pm)C.W. Sims Wrote: I am very sorry to hear you are going through this Gambit. That has to truly suck. I hope you can get it resolved peacefully for your sake and the sake of the child. Does she not realize that the child will grow to resent and possibly even hate her for this? As well if she tries to control the child's thinking. That woman sounds like a rather interesting mixed bag of neuroses.

As I said, hopefully it gets all straightened out. Maybe in the end you will have sole custody and can keep the baby away from such corrupt and corrosive behavior.

I have tried to bring these things up in conversation, however, hers is the truly brainwashed mind. The minute I do, she goes into complete shutdown/meltdown. I even suggested that she's going to have to address these things when our child questions the bible and all she had to say was "I'll teach them what I believe." I'm not even trying to get her to stop believing in god, I just want the opportunity for my child to have an independent thought.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 4136 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Are god and religion ways of saying "screw you" to nature? ShinyCrystals 18 780 January 8, 2024 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 2840 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, lunwarris 49 3446 January 7, 2023 at 11:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, barji 9 1377 July 10, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  How many of you know that there is atheism in Sanatana Dharma ? hindu 19 2234 June 7, 2020 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
Information [Serious] How many reasonable solutions are there to any particular social issue? Prof.Lunaphiles 69 6887 April 11, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, asthev 14 2014 March 17, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, auuka 21 3042 October 7, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Why do so many Christians claim to be former Atheists? Cecelia 42 6074 April 1, 2018 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie