Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Your God?
Why Your God?
This is a very simple question:
Of all the hundreds of religions, why do you have faith in yours? Why not faith in the Bible, the Torah, the Quran, or buddhist writings? What makes YOUR religion more valid?
¨I contend that we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you. When you understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.¨
RE: Why Your God?
Why not my God?
It basically depends upon where the individual was born and what religious beliefs s/he was indoctrinated into believing from family members.

Also, it helps to hear while being indoctrinated from a young age that all other religions are false and created by Satan to confuse and mislead the true believers.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
My god makes no promises, nor any demands.
It's a fair question. I hope the muslims join in the fun.

Snacks
The reason I believed in jesus is because my family did and everyone around me did. I always kind of though it was stupid but I always reverted back to it must be true because everyone believes.
Too bad this thread ended immediately. I was hoping GC would come in with his shenanigans.
¨I contend that we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you. When you understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.¨
G-C knows exactly the kind of shit he would catch if he did. It's happened before.

Even a jesus freak can has some degree of pattern recognition.
Damn, this was going to be fun. Someone bait the theists to this post.
Because Gwynnies.

(November 22, 2013 at 7:23 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: My god makes no promises, nor any demands.

Both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 24917 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why most arguments for God prove God. Mystic 67 8671 March 25, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Fred Hampton
  Theist Posters: Why do you believe your God exists? SuperSentient 65 14494 March 15, 2017 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Does your God Only Live in your Mind? Salacious B. Crumb 2 1637 May 2, 2015 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19482 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Why, why, why? Little Rik 39 11565 June 14, 2013 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Little Rik