Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex Muslim
Ex Muslim
Hey all, good to finally become part of this highly intelligent community.

A little bit about me:
I was born and raised in Syria as a Sunni Muslim and migrated to the Americas at the age of 11.

Being formerly religious, day by day I started realizing that majority of the people around us are pretty stupid. The idea of relying on "god" instead of reasoning and taking action is ludicrous.

One day I was high as a kite when I realized that Religion is societies explanation for the unexplained, some people are not wired in the head to grasp the complexity of our solar system, but what separates humans from monkeys are the morals and values that were masked in the message of any religion: Order and peace.

The world is so complex it's nothing but idiotic to summarize as we are here and up in the sky is the creator and all we got to do is just live our lives like the book says and everything should be fine and dandy.

Most people who are brought up to believe in the after life and Religion are too afraid to face the reality of science and the simplification of our reason to be here, that we are this cellular flesh-ship that is here to reproduce and decompose 6 feet under the ground without any recreation in another dimension. People need hope, and that's why religions have been passed on to this day.
RE: Ex Muslim
Hey and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome Big Grin
Hi and welcome.

Cool Shades
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome to the dark side!
Enjoy the cookies!!

Oh your going to enjoy it here, especially muslim scholar and the latest addition, sleepy. I look forward to your comments.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(November 28, 2013 at 6:47 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Oh your going to enjoy it here, especially muslim scholar and the latest addition, sleepy. I look forward to your comments.

Don't forget nineteen.... she's still growing around here, but the delusion is strong with that one, too.
Welcome and have fun Smile.
Oh good! A Sunni that saw the shit stain of society that is Islam! Glad to have you aboard!
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5272 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2294 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1252 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1343 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4742 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3916 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 782 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1933 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If a muslim grows old, do they have to dye their hair? Ruckus123 5 933 April 16, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: yragnitup
  So if Muhammad had long hair why so many muslim male having short hair? Ruckus123 3 1193 April 12, 2018 at 7:07 am
Last Post: chimp3