Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:35 pm

Poll: Enter Here if You Want to Join Our PYX Group.
This poll is closed.
Sign Me Up!
100.00%
1 100.00%
A second option! Loopholes!
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cards Against Humanity (Online)
Cards Against Humanity (Online)
http://pyz.socialgamer.net/game.jsp

Hey guys, I was just looking around to see which forum would be best for this thread. "Pretend You're Xyzzy" is a free web game designed to mimic the real card game known as Cards Against Humanity.

PYX is a mature humour game in which a black card that has a sentence or more and a blank space within is randomly played. Like Mad Libs or Apples to Apples, players must select from their hand of white cards which card(s) will be the most humorous for the "Czar" to judge and give that player a point. The role of the "Czar" alternates between each of the players. The player who has the most points from being voted the funniest by the Czars wins.

PYZ is a Javascript web app, so it will only run for you if your browser has Javascript enabled.

To navigate this simple interface at the link provided at the top, simply enter a nickname in the field provided at the index page. Once set, you will be shown the main screen for managing and joining games. At the very bottom of the screen is the chatbox. Right above that is the game lobby. A wide array of active games are shown here. Some games are full (of players) and cannot be joined. Some games require passwords to join, seen mostly at the bottom when you scroll down. I should mention that. You have a scroll bar on the right side of the screen for the game lobby, and also your chatbox. At the very top is a menu bar for a few options. It has a button for refreshing the lobby, updating the status of every game. A button for creating your own Cards Against Humanity game in which you become the host. A button for reviewing the list of available sets of cards that players can use. And, a button for logging out.

Once in a game, your menu options slightly change, and your game lobby interface changes to a playing interface. Your menu options are as such: show game options, which shows the settings for the current game. Show last round, which shows the last round's cards. And your chatbox gains a tab for game chat between just the players.

To play the game, you will be given a hand of white cards and on your turn you will select your card(s) and confirm that selection by pressing a button seen on the far left. As a Czar, you will need to choose the best player-made card selection and confirm your choice with the same button on the left. Only the Czar can give points.

This about covers all of the important parts about this online game.

I think we should make a gaming group and organize some games sometime. Who wants to play? Post in this thread saying you do and we can set this thing up.

Thanks!
RE: Cards Against Humanity (Online)
I'll play. In most cases, I usually do pretty well at Cards Against Humanity.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for free online platform? franzis 6 599 May 13, 2023 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Have you ever Met-up with an online Buddy? Uberpod 25 1426 December 3, 2022 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Orbit
  How do you view humanity in general? Ahriman 73 4589 October 2, 2021 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Sometimes Humanity gives you a glimpse of hope no one 14 1415 July 28, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christmas cards brewer 8 476 December 23, 2020 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Making money online. paulpablo 25 2335 September 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  The biggest threat to humanity... The Valkyrie 15 1667 June 10, 2018 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  The Future of Humanity Puke Skywalker 18 3057 July 6, 2017 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Online Privacy eggie 18 3588 May 26, 2017 at 4:25 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Online dating truthers J a c k 96 9431 August 1, 2016 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Little lunch