Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the writers here
For the writers here
Have you ever felt you have a beautiful and amazing story without the ability to tell it?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: For the writers here
Often, actually. I find if I walk away from it for awhile, I can gain the ability, though Smile
Re: For the writers here
Yes. Isn't that a normal part of a badly behaved imagination?
(December 5, 2013 at 10:08 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: Yes. Isn't that a normal part of a badly behaved imagination?

Especially after reading something as imaginative as Isaac asimov or larry niven.
Signifying nothing.
At the moment I've got two full-length novels on the go at the same time (just because), a screenplay I've started (one of the many I've had in my head for years but now with Youtube and affordable cameras etc I might see it work) plus masses of ideas for lots more of both. I just need the motivation to keep the momentum going, or at the very least keep it from stopping altogether. Motivation which has taken a shotgun blow to the heart and a rather passé arrow to the knee these past months. So basically, yes and no is my answer.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Speaking of momentum, I kind of lost mine to finish the third novel in my trilogy. I have the first two finished, with the first already having been self-published, but I feel as though there is not a market for new, self-published writers despite the hype that there is.

Truth be told, it probably still takes an agent or someone to recognize one's potential to really make it as a writer.

I may be a good writer, but I am also a realist.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(December 6, 2013 at 12:12 am)Kitanetos Wrote: Speaking of momentum, I kind of lost mine to finish the third novel in my trilogy. I have the first two finished, with the first already having been self-published, but I feel as though there is not a market for new, self-published writers despite the hype that there is.

Truth be told, it probably still takes an agent or someone to recognize one's potential to really make it as a writer.

I may be a good writer, but I am also a realist.

Hard sci-fi is my fav so I try write in that style. I think I get what you mean. Whats the title?
Signifying nothing.
(December 6, 2013 at 12:56 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Whats the title?

It is The Wunderkinds Trilogy.

The first novel is entitled Zero Tolerance.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
What do you guys think of this?:

Nokbok

From their website:

Nokbok Wrote:Nokbok is a subscription based digital library of published and self-published material. Our collection includes books, journalism, articles, academic papers, documents, poems, and short stories. Nokbok utilizes a unique royalty model where authors/publishers share in the Total Gross Revenue from the website.

Nokbok offers two membership plans: (1) Free Membership (2) Unlimited Access Membership. Free members gain unlimited reading of Royalty-Free works and can upload Royalty-Free material. Unlimited Access members pay $4.95 per month and gain unlimited reading of all works and can upload material and receive royalties. If a member lists more than 10 books on Nokbok, we waive the membership fee.

Our vision is to build the world's largest collection of stories and ideas and place it at everyone's fingertips for a low monthly cost, while ensuring that the creators of these works receive competitive royalties. Through the Nokbok community, we hope to offer great opportunites for exposure to aspiring, self-published and published authors. Additionally, we desire to encourage people of all ages to spend more time reading and discovering. And finally, our goal is to become a community of action by reaching out beyond ourselves to give to those in need.

I've done some searching around the web, and they seem, not only legit, but a pretty cool startup. They seem to answer a lot of authors' discussions about themselves on a bunch of different forums, and they seem to have their shit together.
(December 6, 2013 at 12:58 am)Kitanetos Wrote:
(December 6, 2013 at 12:56 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Whats the title?

It is The Wunderkinds Trilogy.

The first novel is entitled Zero Tolerance.

Looked it up on amazon, sounds interesting. Another tick on admittedly lengthy to read list
Signifying nothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COKE HERE, GET YOUR COKE HERE.... Brian37 7 975 March 3, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Role players, Warhammer 40k, writers? Anyone? Creed of Heresy 26 10218 March 7, 2012 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy