Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I missing much?
Am I missing much?
So, I've been of legal drinking age for two years now but I've never tried a drop of anything alcoholic in my life. The hardest stuff I drink is coffee. If you now my background, that's not too surprising. I don't disapprove of drinking but I don't know. The thought of me drinking something that messes with my mind just grosses me out. And the smell of the stuff, yuck.

Am I missing out on anything worthwhile? Really, the only reason I myself might want to drink is to fit in better with friends.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: Am I missing much?
I went through a drinking phase once. It's mostly what crowds you hang out with, and I guess the funny stuff that can happen when people have a good beer buzz. It can help you loosen up and relax.

If you don't feel like doing it, and especially if you don't typically hang out in bars and alchoholic parties, then don't worry about it.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Yeah booze can really take the edge off situations. Honestly, even a slight buzz is nice, you don't have to be full on drunk. That being said, don't do what you do not want to do.

Oh, and I like pot way the fuck more.
I don't handle alcohol well at all. I'm so glad the first time I drank it wasn't in public. I don't drink, if I do I drink reaaaaally little. I also don't like the idea of something that messes with my head, so even if I could tolerate it, I wouldn't drink much.
A friend of mine offered a puff once. I didn't like it initially, but it had an interesting aftertaste. I didn't really seek out any more, though. I doubt you can just pick up a box of weed at the convenience store like you can cigarettes.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

...It's pretty much that simple after a while Wink
(December 7, 2013 at 7:05 pm)Psykhronic Wrote: Yeah booze can really take the edge off situations. Honestly, even a slight buzz is nice, you don't have to be full on drunk. That being said, don't do what you do not want to do.

^^^ This. ^^^

You don't have to get rip-roaring hammered. Really, getting that ripped isn't fun.

Some things (e.g. straight hard liquor) is an acquired taste, and yeah, if you don't have a taste for it, it can smell and taste terrible.

Try some hard cider sometime though. It's only moderately alcoholic and the crisp varieties taste like not-overly-sweet fizzy apple juice.
(December 7, 2013 at 7:21 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: I don't handle alcohol well at all. I'm so glad the first time I drank it wasn't in public. I don't drink, if I do I drink reaaaaally little.

It just makes me feel shitty. I hate it.
(December 7, 2013 at 7:21 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I doubt you can just pick up a box of weed at the convenience store like you can cigarettes.

You will be able to in Washington state very soon. Big Grin
(December 7, 2013 at 7:24 pm)Markk Wrote:
(December 7, 2013 at 7:21 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: I don't handle alcohol well at all. I'm so glad the first time I drank it wasn't in public. I don't drink, if I do I drink reaaaaally little.

It just makes me feel shitty. I hate it.

Oh you can't take alcohol either? Yea, felt really bad. I haven't tried anymore since, I just sip a little if the situation calls for it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think historical accuracy matters much in modern entertainment Woah0 30 1645 September 20, 2022 at 1:05 am
Last Post: Woah0
  How much do you weigh? Foxaèr 39 2317 November 30, 2021 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1104 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Mystery over missing phallic landmark zebo-the-fat 8 566 December 1, 2020 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Missing Vorlon brewer 7 415 October 23, 2020 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  What are you missing these days? Gawdzilla Sama 18 1444 April 28, 2020 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Let me know how much I've upset you or you don't want me here. Foxaèr 34 5931 April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  How much electricity do your appliances use? Jehanne 4 485 April 17, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Find out how much your fellow forum members are getting screwed Catholic_Lady 68 7177 April 13, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Once again time for how much time you've spent here Foxaèr 23 2659 April 5, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: robvalue