Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Dead Sea Scrolls - The Document Belonging to the Instrctor
Dead Sea Scrolls - The Document Belonging to the Instrctor
Premise for Discussion. The accuracy of these two statement:

1) "False deeds are thus an abomination to the truth, whereas all the ways of truth are for perversity equally a disgrace. Fierce dispute attends every point of decision, for they can never agree."

2) In his mysterious insight and glorious wisdom God has countenanced an era in which perversity triumphs, but at the time appointed for visitation He shall destroy such forever.

After reading the Dead Sea Scrolls translations, one document stands out as too interesting to pass up. Particularly, it is a complete description between light and darkness. Further, it outlines the division between those who are considered Sons of Light (Believers) and Sons of Darkness (unbelief). Parallel this to John 1 where light cannot comprehend the darkness.

Page 120 - 121 of The Dead Sea Scrolls translation by Wise, Abegg, Cook. I have highlighted passages that should be noticed first.

Quote:"A text belonging to the Instructor, who is to enlighten and teach all the Sons of Light about the character and fate of humankind: all their spiritual varieties with accompanying signs, all their deeds generation by generation, and their visitation for afflictions together with eras of peace.

All that is now and ever shall be originates with the God of knowledge. Before things come to be, He has ordered all their designs, so that when they do come to exist—at their appointed times as ordained by His glorious plan—they fulfill their destiny, a destiny impossible to change. He controls the laws governing all things, and He provides for all their pursuits.

He created humankind to rule over the world, appointing for them two spirits in which to walk until the time ordained for His visitation. There are the spirits of truth and falsehood. Upright character and fate originate with the Habitation of Light; perverse, with the Fountain of Darkness. The authority of the Prince of Light extends to the governance of all righteous people; therefore, they walk in the paths of light. Correspondingly, the authority of the Angel of Darkness embraces the governance of all wicked people, so they walk in the paths of darkness.

The authority of the Angel of Darkness further extends to the corruption of all the righteous. All their sins, iniquities, shameful and rebellious deeds are at his prompting, a situation God in His mysteries allows to continue until His era dawns. Moreover, all the afflictions of the righteous, and every trial in its season, occur because of this Angel’s diabolic rule. All the spirits allied with him share but a single resolve: to cause the Sons of Light to stumble.

Yet the God of Israel (and the Angel of His Truth) assist all the Sons of Light. It is actually He who created the spirits of Light and darkness, making them cornerstone of every deed, their impulses and premise of every action. God’s love for one spirit lasts forever. He will be pleased with its actions for always. The counsel of the other, however, He abhors, hating its every impulse for all time.

Upon Earth their operations are these: one enlightens a man’s mind, marking straight before him the paths of true righteousness and causing his heart to fear the laws of God. This spirit engenders humility, patience, abundant compassion, perpetual goodness, insight, understanding, and powerful wisdom resonating to each of God’s deeds, sustained by His constant faithfulness. It engenders a spirit knowledgeable in every plan of action, zealous for the laws of righteousness, holy in its thoughts, and steadfast in purpose. This spirit encourages plenteous compassion upon all who hold fast to truth, and glorious purity combined with visceral hatred of impurity in its every guise. It results in humble deportment allied with a general discernment, concealing the truth, that is, the mysteries of knowledge. To these ends is the earthly counsel of the spirit to those whose nature yearns for truth.

Through a gracious visitation all who walk in this spirit will know healing, bountiful peace, long life and multiple progeny, followed by eternal blessings and perpetual joy through life everlasting. They will receive a crown of glory with a robe of honor, resplendent forever and ever.

The operations of the spirit of falsehood result in greed, neglect of righteous deeds, wickedness, lying, pride, and haughtiness, cruel deceit and fraud, massive hypocrisy, a want of self-control and abundant foolishness, a zeal for manifestation, a reviling tongue, blind eyes, deaf ears, stiff neck, and hard heart—to the end of walking in all the ways of darkness and evil cunning.

The judgment of all who walk in such ways will be multiple afflictions of God’s furious vengeance, never-ending terror and reproach for all eternity, with a shameful extinction in the fire of Hell’s outer darkness. For all evil, and dark happenstance, until their utter destruction with neither remnant nor rescue.

The struggle for good and evil, and good’s ultimate triumph.

The character and fate of all humankind reside with these spirits. All the hosts of humanity, generation by generation, are heirs to these spiritual divisions, walking according to their ways; the outworking of every deed inheres in these divisions according to each person’s spiritual heritage, whether great or small, for every age of eternity. God has appointed these spirits as equals until the last age, and set an everlasting enmity between their divisions. False deeds are thus an abomination to the truth, whereas all the ways of truth are for perversity equally a disgrace. Fierce dispute attends every point of decision, for they can never agree. In his mysterious insight and glorious wisdom God has countenanced an era in which perversity triumphs, but at the time appointed for visitation He shall destroy such forever. Then shall truth come forth in victory upon the earth. Sullied by wicked ways while perversity rules, at the time of the appointed judgment truth shall be decreed. By His truth God shall then purify all human deeds, and refine some of humanity so as to extinguish every perverse spirit from the inward parts of the flesh, cleansing from every wicked deed by a holy spirit. Like purifying waters, he shall sprinkle each with a spirit of truth, effectual against all the abominations of lying and sullying by an unclean spirit. Thereby He shall give the upright insight into knowledge of the Most High and wisdom of the angels, making wise those following the perfect way. Indeed, God has chosen them for an eternal covenant; all the glory of Adam shall be theirs alone. Perversity shall be extinct, every fraudulent deed put to shame.

Until now the spirits of truth and perversity have contended within the human heart. All people walk in both wisdom and foolishness. As is a person’s endowment of truth and righteousness, so shall he hate perversity; conversely, in proportion to bequest in the lot of evil, one will act wickedly and abominate truth. God has appointed these spirits as equals until the time of decree and renewal. He foreknows the outworking of their deeds for all the ages of eternity. He has granted them dominion over humanity, so imparting knowledge of good and evil, deciding the fate of every living being by the measure of which spirit predominates in him, until the day of the appointed visitation."
RE: Dead Sea Scrolls - The Document Belonging to the Instrctor
<yawn>

Ancient drivel is still drivel.
Perhaps you could, you know, demonstrate the accuracy of premise two? Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
well, one things for sure. Someone's not afraid of being overly verbose in his OP. Angel

I got tired of reading it and just quit. Maybe I'll try again when I'm not so tired.

...maybe not....
[Image: Evolution.png]

(December 9, 2013 at 12:47 am)Esquilax Wrote: Perhaps you could, you know, demonstrate the accuracy of premise two? Dodgy

There are several examples. Thermodynamic equilibrium or laws of motion apply to any system when acted upon by an unbalanced force. Although thermodynamics and motion are not necessarily factors affecting choice, they are governed by the same laws affecting our choices. When we say that an object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force, or an object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force, we are speaking of invariant symmetry laws. In one sense, this is the law of inertia. This applies to any living system that seeks a state of equilibrium. The same laws that govern equilibrium will apply to laws of motion.

When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction to that of the first body. This is true for any system that is action contrary to knowledge and wisdom. In other words, when an animal follows its animal nature, it rushes headlong into a battle with brute force. This is expected. When a sentient being acts against opposition, it meets the situation with knowledge and wisdom that has been learned as a process of overcoming law. In this case, one law is used to overcome another.

Take judo as an example. In the art of war, the master uses the momentum of the opponent to thrown the adversary in the direction they are already headed. In this case, the laws of motion are used against the opponent. In the case of God's knowledge and wisdom, I am only scratching the surface here. Revisit the sentence.

"In his mysterious insight and glorious wisdom God has countenanced an era in which perversity triumphs, but at the time appointed for visitation He shall destroy such forever."

The one setting the law of physics in place is governing the system with a destiny. The one in the system is governed by those laws. In this case, the visitation of the unbalanced force (the one not in the dynamic system) engages an involution into that system. As the strong nuclear force engages the charges of the negative particles, the particles heel to the authority. This is basic physics. The gathering negative force is attacked by the opposite force of and heeled by invariant symmetry laws. In physics, this is the beginning and end of the process.

Take hydrogen for instance. I has one electron (-) and one proton (+) in a state of dynamic equilibrium. This is an early universe in a state of high order and low entropy. Once a chain reaction is started, the equilibrium is upset. What happens next creates the individuation of our reality. The Neutron (nucleus) holds the Proton in equilibrium. A proton has one down quark and two up. The Neutron has two down and one up. They are yin / yang to each other in a ration of 1:1.618. This is the Fibonacci sequence we see repeated throughout nature. The electron is the weak force and it does not follow the laws of invariance and symmetry. Because of this, the imbalance allows for individuation. Eventually, the negative force gathers and is overcome by the strong force. Watch an animation of two galaxies colliding.

God is the unbalanced force, but instead of meeting opposition head on, wisdom and understanding creates invariance through symmetry. Heeled.

Genesis 3

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

Head is authority. Heel is a change of authority, like dog training. It's also the angel of heel affecting the mast of a ship while turning another direction against the unbalanced force of the wind. The one steering the ship has control, but is also affected by the change. With invariance, what changes does not changed the whole. This is known as translation symmetry. Transformation takes place in the system, but the system does not change. It is translated. The twinkling of an eye is used by comparison in the Bible for our ultimate translation from one state to another.

In the first century, this concept was foreshadowed for us when Rome and the Jewish leaders placed Christ on the cross. This negative was multiplied by a negative. What happens when two negatives are multiplied? On one hand, the sin of Rome and Israel is a negative. On the other side, the suffering endured by Christ is the other negative. Positive is produced and surplus is now available. Ultimately, this is how God takes chaos and brings it into unity. More is created than used up, yet translation symmetry is the best way to look at this. The whole does not change, but is aligned and formatted to unity and symmetry.

In standard addition and subtraction, a negative (sin) can only be heeled by a positive act of kindness. For instance, if you throw trash in my yard, I have a few options. I can meet force with force and come beat you or chase you down the street. This causes more negative. Fire cannot put out fire. I can take the trash (suffer work) and throw it away. In this case, one positive bit of suffering on my part heels your negative theft. Yes, creating a negative requires equilibrium to be a consequence if zero balance is to be achieved. Here is where Christ's work on the cross comes in. Not only does he thrown the trash out, he then comes and cleans your yard for you.

When a debt is owed--say $30--it is either paid by the person who owes it, or by someone else through suffering the lost income. In this case, they must suffer work to pay the money back. $30 worth of hard work generates the multiplier to walk the debt of -$30 back to zero. Two negatives equal a positive. Someone else can suffer work and give you the money. This is what Christ did on the cross. It's a gift of multiplied negative. For the debt to be paid, it had to first be earned. This was the knowledge and wisdom of Christ and the stupidity of the Romans and leaders of Israel. For Christ to earn the payment, someone else will pay the price for dynamic equilibrium to be the result. The ram is caught in the thicket.

When the foreshadowing comes back around, the debt will be paid by the gathering hoard working against the equilibrium of the rest of humanity. Negative chaos is managed by symmetry laws. God's wisdom wins. Love is the reward for those who work with the system toward unity. For those who work against, the document states the result.

(December 9, 2013 at 1:15 am)Cinjin Wrote: well, one things for sure. Someone's not afraid of being overly verbose in his OP. Angel

I got tired of reading it and just quit. Maybe I'll try again when I'm not so tired.

...maybe not....

Also, read my last post. It gives you a reason to start cleaning the trash thrown in other peoples' yards. To benefit from the symmetry you desire, suffering the work is necessary. The electron can become the proton. On the cross, there were two thieves (-). One became the proton with the neutron (Christ) in the middle. Paradise is the result. Verbose possibly, but it is the negative applied to negative that creates positive. It's simple mathematics and physics.

(December 8, 2013 at 6:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: <yawn>

Ancient drivel is still drivel.

Quite possibly, you need to overcome the animal instincts and learn some Judo. Overcome. It's the point. Read my detailed post above, then come back to this and see what just happened. It is the point of the thread in action. Using momentum overcomes the one carrying the debt.

God Bless
The premise of this post, in light of the symmetry laws outlined above, carry a lesson for anyone reading. Debt can be overcome, but only by multiplying (walking back) with another negative. Suffering will either be the one with the debt or the one offering the gift from His surplus. The gift is the smart choice. Here, we need to consider and weigh the evidence for the claim. If the claim is true, we can see evidence for it by light of the laws and the governor. In a system of chaos, there must be an anchor managing the mathematics. Apart from the anchor, no chaotic system will govern itself. Look deeper and your proof comes from logic, reason and then finally commons sense. If the chaos of sin can be moved to the unity of love, then the one holding the highest axiom is the true voice. In this case, God holds the highest axiom of faith, hope and love. Not only this, but He is invariant in what He expects. Again, this matches what we observe in the laws. Physics is built on the strong force managing the weak. The pretense of the week is unnecessary for total unity, but this offers no individuation. Again, God rises to the challenge of offering a reason for this. Free will demands that we are free, yet what is free must abide in unity (be governed).

Where is the proof you ask?

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Above, the thread topic shows the one managing the free will of the individual by allowing the darkness (choice for chaos) to be managed by the light (choice for unity). Which do we choose in the end based on logical reasoning and common sense? The one that moves us to unity, even if that unity takes effort on our part to be heeled (change of authority).

I choose the smart choice. I am no dummy. I will assume one thing. Many people will read this. Few will answer by the light of what is stated. It's so evident that nothing can be said against. This is why I love this document. It's not a parable or analogy. It's simple truth stated as a comparison to natural law. The instructor uses the document to teach us by example. It was written and left for a later time.

Is it any wonder that this was found for our day and age? Not at all. Enoch complies with this:

Enoch One

1 I The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be 2 living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed. And he took up his parable and said, "Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is 3 for to come. Concerning the elect I said, and took up my parable concerning them: The Holy Great One will come forth from His dwelling, 4 And the eternal God will tread upon the earth, (even) on Mount Sinai, [And appear from His camp] And appear in the strength of His might from the heaven of heaven. 5 And all shall be smitten with fear, And the Watchers shall quake, And great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of the earth.

Who are the Watchers? The observers collapsing wave function. Faith is the mechanism for determining what is indeterminate. See some of my earlier posts to see this clearly. Watch this video:

Hebrews 11

11 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.

3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Faith overcome the law. It determines what is unseen. Probability is governed by law, otherwise, no unity or symmetry. I give you more than you will get from the fixed mindset of science. I give you logic, reason and common sense biased by truth only. Truth is invariant. The document and premise are confirmed in the knowledge of the truth. It sets you free from the law by one path. Love. There is no way around the symmetry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN24Sv0qS1w
You understand that you haven't said a single thing that's at all legible, right? You're just spewing gibberish.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(December 9, 2013 at 10:05 am)Esquilax Wrote: You understand that you haven't said a single thing that's at all legible, right? You're just spewing gibberish.

I get that higher axioms are hard to see at first. If you can first understand that law must be governed from above our dimension, it is much easier to see why symmetry and beauty have individuation. The presence of the weak force allows for harmony above. Why?

Are you a musician? Equal-temperament in tuning is sterile and contains wolf intervals (Waves). Mathematically, perfect intervals require variation. This is why an equally-tempered clavier / piano sounds dull and a brass choir sounds amazing. It takes constant tweaking of intervals (stretching) to align the octaves. In the same way, the eight-fold way in physics matches this same process from symmetry. The entire proof an Atheist looks for is found in symmetry laws. That is, if you are truly after truth.

To understand what I just said, you may need to research a few terms. Truth and proof of God is worth the effort. I have done my homework and know the proofs. To see by the light of my axioms, your own lower contradictions and paradoxes need to be resolved. I don't say this to be condescending. I say it because I have been where you are now. Rising to new life requires effort.

NOTE from Wiki: "The Eightfold Way may be understood in modern terms as a consequence of flavor symmetries between various kinds of quarks. Since the strong nuclear force affects quarks the same way regardless of their flavor, replacing one flavor of quark with another in a hadron should not alter its mass very much. Mathematically, this replacement may be described by elements of the SU(3) group. The octets and other arrangements are representations of this group."

The flavor of life is deeper than we can conceive. We need parable to understand. Where is the highest parable for us to see? Nature and the mirror--the Bible. The light reveals what it hits. It's a mirror. Just look and make adjustments from the path that is suggested. Law is the proof it is invariant and true. God is symmetry.
This makes no sense. The physics stuff is like someone has read the opening few lines on particles physics in wikipedia, and decided to come to some strange conclusions based on this.

Before I came here I thought religious people just made their claims unfalsifiable to protect their beliefs. Now I realise they also seem to make them unintelligible as well to further this. It's so infuriatingly dishonest.

I think you are possibly trying to say that because the universe has natural laws, there must be a God?? It might not be what you mean, but it is at least a sentence that other people can understand.
(December 9, 2013 at 11:02 am)FreeTony Wrote: This makes no sense. The physics stuff is like someone has read the opening few lines on particles physics in wikipedia, and decided to come to some strange conclusions based on this.

Before I came here I thought religious people just made their claims unfalsifiable to protect their beliefs. Now I realise they also seem to make them unintelligible as well to further this. It's so infuriatingly dishonest.

I think you are possibly trying to say that because the universe has natural laws, there must be a God?? It might not be what you mean, but it is at least a sentence that other people can understand.

If you jump from a building, will law govern our descent? If you use a parachute, are you smarter than if you go it alone? The Bible shows you the parachute to law.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

In Hebrew culture, the guardian was a trusted family member that assisted the land owner's son to learn the workings of the family farm. Once the child became a man, the governor was no longer needed. The restriction was heeled by a change of authority. You are in custody to the law until you overcome the law. What overcomes the law? Love.

Again, the highest axiom is the one that we should rise to. Sinking is ignorance. Justification can be defined. Amnesty goes to the one that chooses to abide in the laws of the land.

Are you trying to find a loophole? Keep trying. There is a garment (Robe) woven from the wool of the Sheep. You want that wool garment. Even the makers of the Show Lost knew the secret. Keep wearing the matted wool or allow the Shepherd to wash it white as snow. It's a choice based on our own pride or humility to the authority above us. The waters of baptism can put out the coming fire (Matthew 3). Use the water Luke! Being sheered is the hard part. Walking the wilderness another aspect. Eventually, the light overcomes the darkness using the force (Aleph Mem Tav). Again, look anywhere you want, the same message will follow you as a shadow and mirror of what the light reveals. Is the Movie Star Wars provable, or is it a reflection of the Aleph Bet motivating the mind to see?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SPqImu_kz8

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theory to how "Moses Crossing the Sea" tale came from Woah0 0 602 August 14, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Woah0
  Dead Sea Scrolls Fakes Mr Greene 7 802 March 17, 2020 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Is a sea change on the horizon? Angrboda 5 593 July 22, 2018 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Moses parting the sea evidence or just made up Smain 12 2907 June 28, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Looking for a document SuperSlayer 4 1035 July 5, 2016 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: John V