Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Sea Scrolls Fakes
Dead Sea Scrolls Fakes
Dead Sea Scroll collection found to be fakes

Quote:A collection of supposedly valuable Dead Sea Scroll fragments on display at the Museum of the Bible in Washington DC has been found to be fake.
After six months of analysis, experts released a 200-page report detailing how the fragments were forged - likely made from old shoe leather.
"Each exhibits characteristics that suggest they are deliberate forgeries," the analysts said in a statement.

"After an exhaustive review of all the imaging and scientific analysis results, it is evident that none of the textual fragments in Museum of the Bible's Dead Sea Scroll collection are authentic," said the head of the investigation, Colette Loll of Art Fraud Insights, in a statement.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
RE: Dead Sea Scrolls Fakes
What people just made up shit and wrote it instead of witnessing it?

BTW those fake DS scrolls are just some scrolls that were "found" after 2001 and not those found in (what) 1940s.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Those should probably be checked too.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
LOL, saw it coming when they opened that trash palace. The "museum" in question was trying to take advantage of warzones in order to squeeze jesus themed merch out of the middle east.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 17, 2020 at 6:28 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: LOL, saw it coming when they opened that trash palace.  The "museum" in question was trying to take advantage of warzones in order to squeeze jesus themed merch out of the middle east.

Rather a silly motivation, then. The Jesus- themed merch market appears to be pretty well saturated. There’s even a company in Bogota (I think) selling water from the Sea of Galilee. I’m guessing it comes out of the nearest tap.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Yeah, plenty of cheap shit, but these guys weren't interested in the cheap shit. They wanted things they could never afford..things that can't be bought or sold....legally. Straight up rape and pillage.

Whoever sold them shoe leather is a hero, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 17, 2020 at 7:06 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Yeah, plenty of cheap shit, but these guys weren't interested in the cheap shit.  They wanted things they could never afford..things that can't be bought or sold....legally.  Straight up rape and pillage.

If they had got hold of 2000 year old shoes, they might have gotten away with it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 17, 2020 at 7:47 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 17, 2020 at 7:06 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Yeah, plenty of cheap shit, but these guys weren't interested in the cheap shit.  They wanted things they could never afford..things that can't be bought or sold....legally.  Straight up rape and pillage.

If they had got hold of 2000 year old shoes, they might have gotten away with it.

Boru

But those shoes sank when the wearer kicked them off.  Hehe
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theory to how "Moses Crossing the Sea" tale came from Woah0 0 583 August 14, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Woah0
  Is a sea change on the horizon? Angrboda 5 579 July 22, 2018 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Moses parting the sea evidence or just made up Smain 12 2872 June 28, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dead Sea Scrolls - The Document Belonging to the Instrctor StrongWaters 31 6229 December 11, 2013 at 6:43 am
Last Post: Cyberman