Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
39% of New Zealanders Describe themselves as "Non Religious"
39% of New Zealanders Describe themselves as "Non Religious"
Source (Will probably screw this up)

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...-religion/

"Overall, the Census figures continue a trend for people turning away from religion, with all major churches shedding followers.

The number of people who said they have no religion increased 26 per cent to 1.6 million."

Let's see this trend continue elsewhere.

Wink Shades
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: 39% of New Zealanders Describe themselves as "Non Religious"
Until I actually met a New Zealander I always assumed that it was a Christian hellhole because Ray Comfort is from there & the neighbouring Australia is really conservative. But it turn out it is actually a pretty cool & secular place.
(December 10, 2013 at 9:37 pm)MarxRaptor Wrote: Until I actually met a New Zealander I always assumed that it was a Christian hellhole because Ray Comfort is from there & the neighbouring Australia is really conservative. But it turn out it is actually a pretty cool & secular place.

Ray Comfort, and his Australian equivalent, Ken Ham, are anomalies to the majority of the population.

I have asked both on numerous occasions, and on multiple sites why they have gone to the US to push creationism (it's not as though the US is short of creationists, after all), instead of remaining in their respective countries and pushing it there.

Needless to say, I've never received an answer so I only have my speculations which is:

1. Of all Western nations, only in the US can someone make money pushing creationism
2. If they tried doing it at home they'd be laughed out of the country.
Sounds like a nice place....except for the eathquakes and such.
An old family friend from, I believe, Connecticut expatriated to Dunedin, Otago 20+ years ago and loves that city, it seems. I've never been, but I find pics of the country prettier than Australia, and with less lethal wildlife.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(December 10, 2013 at 9:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Sounds like a nice place....except for the eathquakes and such.

We had a 4.7 last week. Barely noticeable.

Cool Shades
(December 10, 2013 at 10:23 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(December 10, 2013 at 9:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Sounds like a nice place....except for the eathquakes and such.

We had a 4.7 last week. Barely noticeable.

Cool Shades

You didn't even give a shit when your dishes fell on the floor.
Should have moved there when I had the chance. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you be a "Non religious muslim"? Woah0 31 1729 August 22, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Persistent Non-Symbolic Experiences Ahriman 0 532 August 18, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Questions about the European renaissance and religion to non believers Quill01 6 639 January 31, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  God as a non-creator Fake Messiah 13 1562 January 21, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Being can come from non-being Alex K 55 6989 January 15, 2020 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 13139 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
  New York bans religious exemptions for vaccines amid measles outbreak zebo-the-fat 20 2443 July 20, 2019 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Theists, please describe how you experience your god I_am_not_mafia 161 15969 June 15, 2018 at 9:37 am
  Please describe your god's loyalty reward scheme. I_am_not_mafia 101 24432 November 23, 2017 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Cod
Exclamation New religious cult in rise? UnLocal 32 6032 November 28, 2016 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: axiom of congruence