Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you be a "Non religious muslim"?
Can you be a "Non religious muslim"?
It sounds weird. But think about it. You just are like "Yeah i am a muslim, just not religious". Would that count as "not getting killed card"? i am just wondering? Since all you need is say you are a muslim but just not religious, and that is a way to not get killed for apostasy. But what you think?

Some people may also call it "Non-denominational Muslim"
RE: Can you be a "Non religious muslim"?
You either follow Allah rules or you dont. If you dont follow them, then you arent getting in to heaven.

Its like if you wear a Police uniform, have a document that you are a police officer. But on your job you try to work as less as possible and even commit crime yourself.
(August 21, 2022 at 3:24 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: You either follow Allah rules or you dont. If you dont follow them, then you arent getting in to heaven.

Its like if you wear a Police uniform, have a document that you are a police officer. But on your job you try to work as less as possible and even commit crime yourself.

But what if you get killed if you quit the job? So what choice do you have?
(August 21, 2022 at 3:44 pm)Woah0 Wrote:
(August 21, 2022 at 3:24 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: You either follow Allah rules or you dont. If you dont follow them, then you arent getting in to heaven.

But what if you get killed if you quit the job? So what choice do you have?

If its that bad, then you will just fake it. Or seek asylum in other countries.
(August 21, 2022 at 3:05 pm)Woah0 Wrote: It sounds weird. But think about it. You just are like "Yeah i am a muslim, just not religious". Would that count as "not getting killed card"? i am just wondering? Since all you need is say you are a muslim but just not religious, and that is a way to not get killed for apostasy. But what you think?

Some people may also call it "Non-denominational Muslim"

‘Non-religious Muslim’ is a nonsensical term, since ‘Muslim’ is strictly a religious identity, not a cultural or ethnic one.

Non-denominational isn’t the same as non-religious. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Since Allah does not exist, yes, you can be a non-religious Muslim.
(August 21, 2022 at 4:57 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Since Allah does not exist, yes, you can be a non-religious Muslim.

No, you can’t. The truth or falsity of a religion has nothing to do with whether someone is religious.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 21, 2022 at 5:43 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 21, 2022 at 4:57 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Since Allah does not exist, yes, you can be a non-religious Muslim.

No, you can’t. The truth or falsity of a religion has nothing to do with whether someone is religious.

Boru

Says who? Religiosity is, in my opinion, completely subjective. For instance, a lot of Jews are atheist, yet consider themselves to be both Jewish and religious.
(August 21, 2022 at 5:55 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(August 21, 2022 at 5:43 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: No, you can’t. The truth or falsity of a religion has nothing to do with whether someone is religious.

Boru

Says who?  Religiosity is, in my opinion, completely subjective.  For instance, a lot of Jews are atheist, yet consider themselves to be both Jewish and religious.

Of course it’s subjective. That’s why it doesn’t matter if the god you worship is real or not. A devout Muslim is religious. If she is not devout, she’s not religious and therefore not a Muslim.

What makes someone a Muslim is that they believe in God and that the Quran is the direct word of God. If you’re not religious, you’re not a Muslim.

I know a fair number of Jews. I don’t know any who describe themselves as both atheist and religious.

Boru
(August 21, 2022 at 6:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 21, 2022 at 5:55 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Says who?  Religiosity is, in my opinion, completely subjective.  For instance, a lot of Jews are atheist, yet consider themselves to be both Jewish and religious.

Of course it’s subjective. That’s why it doesn’t matter if the god you worship is real or not. A devout Muslim is religious. If she is not devout, she’s not religious and therefore not a Muslim.

What makes someone a Muslim is that they believe in God and that the Quran is the direct word of God. If you’re not religious, you’re not a Muslim.

I know a fair number of Jews. I don’t know any who describe themselves as both atheist and religious.

Boru

Wikipedia -- Jewish atheism

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11143 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  How the religious can enjoy Atheism. onlinebiker 10 848 August 30, 2021 at 8:57 am
Last Post: brewer
  Persistent Non-Symbolic Experiences Ahriman 0 538 August 18, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Questions about the European renaissance and religion to non believers Quill01 6 666 January 31, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religious culture is the problem, not religion. Since Atheist culture can be good or Snideon 17 1849 July 17, 2020 at 5:55 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Muslim students less likely to be awarded top class degrees. Succubus#2 28 2348 March 22, 2020 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  God as a non-creator Fake Messiah 13 1668 January 21, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Being can come from non-being Alex K 55 7216 January 15, 2020 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 13444 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist? Succubus 21 4623 October 7, 2017 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet