Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any armchair assassins here? (Assassin's Creed franchise thread)
Any armchair assassins here? (Assassin's Creed franchise thread)
I love Assassin's Creed, die-hard fan of the series, and with the release of this new trailer for the next one out recently I thought it was a good time to make a thread about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kGHHMc5dqE

When I initially heard the next AC was going to be a Victorian London setting I actually wasn't pressed on the idea, it seemed boring to me. This trailer is really giving me what I need though, it looks promising. Apparently the protagonist in this one is Connor's (AC3) son or grandson or something.

Also side-note I picked up Assassin's Creed: Rogue last week. I didn't have high expectations for it but I have to say, I'm pleasantly suprised. For a "side project" it's certainly packed with content and I'm thouroughly enjoying it.

Still AC2 is the best one to date and I think everyone thinks that Tongue
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

RE: Any armchair assassins here? (Assassin's Creed franchise thread)
After AC Revelations I got tired. Instead of releasing a new game every year they should wait and take the time to perfect each game.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

I agree with Dystopia. Less releases, upgrade the engine between each iteration, and more history.

AC2 and Black Flag are my faves, though. I liked Unity alright, but it was too much dumb stuff littered in. It was like the San Andreas of the franchise. I don't need to lift weights and eat Burger Shot or Cluckin' Bell. I just want to drive around cars and fuck shit up.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Actually I agree on Unity too. I was disappointed, I didn't like how you had to level up Arno to find some of the later stages easier. Also forced online play is crap

Black Flag surprised me. I was really miffed when I heard about the pirate theme but it turned out really fun

I guess it could use less frequent releases and greater emphasis on gameplay improvements. It is getting this very "cash cow" mentality to it but eh, I keep buying haha
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Same here. I am the same way with Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, and Grand Theft Auto. I'll buy them regardless of the reviews.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Really? I would never compare MGS with Assassins Creed - Metal Gear is the only game I will buy without a review (Hitman series comes close) but I know what I'm getting - Ubisoft is NOT a trustable company specially when it comes to PC ports but sometimes even console versions. I can think of at least 3 games that totally sucked, were rushed or full of bugs.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

What the fuck. They're releasing another assassins creed? This shit is worse than CoD.

I like the series on the whole but I couldn't keep up with releases post-brotherhood. I did manage to play both AC3 and AC Black Flag though. Black Flag is the best in the series followed closely by AC2 IMO. I actually platinumed AC2 on the ps3 and that's something I only do with games I really like.

Honestly though the amount of releases has gotten ridiculous IMO. The story is hard enough to follow as it is with all this pseudo templar/illuminati bullshit without having to complete and digest a new AC game every 9 months.
There was too much to get into when I started playing the one based in Italy, and Black Flag. It was taking away from my Elder Scrolls time.

I still plan on getting through the games though.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(May 20, 2015 at 3:33 pm)Dystopia Wrote: Really? I would never compare MGS with Assassins Creed - Metal Gear is the only game I will buy without a review (Hitman series comes close) but I know what I'm getting - Ubisoft is NOT a trustable company specially when it comes to PC ports but sometimes even console versions. I can think of at least 3 games that totally sucked, were rushed or full of bugs.

MGS is my favorite, period, end of story. I will play that franchise no matter what. AC isn't even on that level. But it is one where the sandbox quality is good enough that I'll buy it and play it even if it got mediocre reviews.

And I'll never have to worry about Rockstar putting out a shitty GTA. Two iterations max per console generation makes it a safe bet.

GTA5 was a masterpiece, I thoroughly enjoyed the online play and the HUUUUUUGE California inspired map. I'm not even a huge fan of the series and I played the shit out of it online

I'd love to see something of that quality in AC, it would complete me. Probably not gonna happen while they're rushing them out year on year

- Maryam Namazie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [PC] Assasin's Creed Unity available for free till 25th april Cepheus Ace 8 850 April 22, 2019 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Any GTA V gamers here? GODZILLA 5 541 March 29, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  Anybody here have any favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games? ƵenKlassen 7 1228 November 18, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Does anyone here have any favorite SNES games? ƵenKlassen 18 2648 November 18, 2017 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Any Mario Maker-ers Up In Here? Astonished 0 445 August 4, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Any Hearthstone players 'round here? Esquilax 35 4011 July 24, 2015 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Witcher franchise... Ravenshire 24 3356 April 28, 2015 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Any Boardgames enthusiasts here? là bạn điên 29 3794 December 25, 2013 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Assassin's Creed 3 Creed of Heresy 13 3571 August 21, 2012 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Any other modders / game devs here? Tempus 10 3975 April 7, 2012 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Jackalope