Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As with everything else, Christians are hypocrites about free speech.
As with everything else, Christians are hypocrites about free speech.
http://www.ocweekly.com/2013-12-12/news/...t-killian/

They'll spit up their blood of Christ and cry that they are being persecuted and silenced when an overbearded racist homophobe is fired for doing something that would get you fired from almost any job or when you take down a cross from public property according to the law, but "rights" only apply if you're on Jesus' side, apparently, as a woman in California found out when she began flying a gay pride flag on her own private property.

Quote:"On a separate matter, have HOA members contacted PowerStone re: Kurt's [Killian, Pham's housemate] 'Fag Flag?'" reads a June 4 email obtained by the Weekly sent by a resident. "Is the GAY PRIDE [capitalized and in rainbow colors] display protected by free speech rights? The Orangetree Patio Homes neighbors are shaking their heads in disgust. Sexuality is private, and Kurt's display is very, very public. It's even visible from the tennis courts."

Quote:"[The residents] . . . have had their 'gay pride' flag up for six to eight weeks," reads another resident's email, dated July 11. "The flag has two wedding rings interlocked and many rainbow-colored stripes. It is an eyesore.

Quote:"In my opinion, it is okay to feel strongely [sic] about a cause," the email continues. "But to leave their 'political statement' up for this long is ridiculous, and I am offended. Most people do not choose the gay lifestyle, and personally, it irritates me to have to be reminded every day of two men having sex with each other. It's not a fun thing to look at as I come and go every day. If someone left their sign up regarding an election for more than a week or two, it would get very old and be an eyesore."

Quote:Someone taped a press release by Westboro Baptist Church to the house's door that read, in part, "We've turned America over to the fags; [soldiers are] coming home in body bags." At approximately the same time, someone also placed a note that says, "God Hates Flags"—a play on Westboro's infamous "God Hates Fags" slogan—on Killian's car.

In response, she did this:

[Image: kezy.jpg]

You can almost see the middle finger in that.
RE: As with everything else, Christians are hypocrites about free speech.
Quote:Most people do not choose the gay lifestyle, and personally, it irritates me to have to be reminded every day of two men having sex with each other.
If I saw that display, I'd be reminded of two hot chicks having sex with each other. Definitely not irritating. Or maybe this person is saying that his/her nether regions become "irritated" when thinking of two men getting it on? There might only be one remedy for that...
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Quote: It's even visible from the tennis courts."

Don't gays play tennis?
(December 28, 2013 at 12:09 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote: It's even visible from the tennis courts."

Don't gays play tennis?

Yes, but apparently they're invisible when they do it.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I had no idea they had special powers!

I love the "it's even visible from the tennis courts" bit. I mean, cm on! The road, OK. But the tennis Courts?! Just wrong!
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
That decoration took skills! Impressive.

The rainbow's a pretty popular design before it was incorporated into gay pride movement, to compare it to election banners and call it an eyesore is to admit to having no taste at all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11167 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  How Can We Have Moral Direction If God Controls Everything? Rhondazvous 87 7717 August 22, 2021 at 10:23 am
Last Post: brewer
  Anyone else just drop religion with a snap of the finger? PookieNumNums 21 2503 July 16, 2020 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Gnomey
Thumbs Up Taoism Says That Everything Has an Opposite Philos_Tone 37 4496 November 20, 2018 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  It's not religion..believe me. It's something else WinterHold 49 7020 November 15, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Does anyone else fall down the rabbit hole Figbash 18 2360 October 14, 2018 at 4:53 am
Last Post: no one
Question Does anyone else feel disgusted by religious words? Der/die AtheistIn 63 11574 January 17, 2018 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  If someone says science can't explain everything what's the best way to repond? ReptilianPeon 94 13272 December 14, 2016 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Money is everything Romney 12 1678 August 27, 2016 at 9:15 am
Last Post: Romney
Information You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you WinterHold 23 3386 August 7, 2016 at 7:52 am
Last Post: chimp3