Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do Muslims know which Hadiths to follow
How do Muslims know which Hadiths to follow
The Hadiths are biographical accounts of something they believe to have happened, so how do Muslims know which Hadiths actually happened and are not actually made up
[Image: pride___lgbt_signature_by_valkyriye-d65q6tr.png]
RE: How do Muslims know which Hadiths to follow
Hadiths are just verses from the Quran, so they (try, usually fail) to follow all of them, naturally.
IN SACULA SAECULORUM
I could be wrong, but aren't Hadiths tales of Mohammed's life and Sura's gods word? Islam isn't something I've looked into too closely yet.
They cherry pick just like everyone else, and just like everyone else, come up with really complicated and convoluted excuses when you ask them why follow A and not B or why is C literal and not D. It always seems to go back to "you don't understand ancient arabic", because apparently the almighty only spoke one language and chose the most difficult and ambiguous one.
(December 29, 2013 at 3:07 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: They cherry pick just like everyone else, and just like everyone else, come up with really complicated and convoluted excuses when you ask them why follow A and not B or why is C literal and not D. It always seems to go back to "you don't understand ancient arabic", because apparently the almighty only spoke one language and chose the most difficult and ambiguous one.

This sounds very similar to this argument I had with an anti-gay Christian over Leviticus, I asked why are using Leviticus to slam gay people like myself but then get tattoos, wear mixed fabrics etc.

I was told that only certain laws still apply for some reason that I haven't done enough Bible study to understand
[Image: pride___lgbt_signature_by_valkyriye-d65q6tr.png]
Didn't jesus say in regards to the laws set down in the OT "Do not think I came to destroy the Law"?
No. Whoever wrote the words that were put into the fictional jesus' mouth said it.

Don't give this holy horseshit too much credit.
(December 29, 2013 at 4:28 pm)Minimalist Wrote: No. Whoever wrote the words that were put into the fictional jesus' mouth said it.

Don't give this holy horseshit too much credit.

touché
Hadith have grades. From Daif (weak) up to Sahih ("healthy). The Isnad(chain of transmitters) is what is important. Different Sects of Islam have different "reliable" Hadithcollections. So it for instance Sahih Buhkhri and Sahih Muslim for Sunni Muslims the most authentic and therefore most important Hadith Books.
I understand Insad (i'm reading Hitchens - God is Not Great where they are explained). It seems a very complicated system but I'm reading what I can so hope to understand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20486 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Muslims , please answer this . Enlightened Ape 13 2190 August 13, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  When was Sunni Islamic hadiths first translated to English Sweden83 1 577 December 4, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims zebo-the-fat 19 3946 October 14, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 5635 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Remember]: how the Spanish infedels treated Muslims WinterHold 146 11464 August 8, 2020 at 4:18 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Muslims: If the Koran is Unaltered... chimp3 57 7622 April 21, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hadiths sounds like each collection is making stuff up Krina 7 1930 November 20, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  For being religious, Muslims sure lie a lot! Jehanne 12 1586 October 20, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I read through the 6 sunni hadiths now Sora0213 9 955 September 16, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire