Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Intro
Intro
Hi My name is Mark,

I just wanted to introduce my self to break the ice of getting to know everyone some. Not to much to be said about me I'm 23 and started exploring the ideas of atheist right around 15 that's when I started asking all the questions that got me weird bug eyed looks and silence for answers from religious people around me. Around 19 is when I started to figure it all out and it became clear to me so i made the decision to be atheist. As for my professional life I just left the car business to join a business venture with my father, in the middle of economic turbulence talk about timing eh! No I kid I kid, so far so good we are doing well. That about does it for me I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Thanks for having me
Mark
RE: Intro
Very nice story 'dontbelieve'. I am 17 currently and started the atheistic ideas around the age of 7-9. I'm glad more people are starting to actually open their eyes to the truth. Welcome to the AF sir!
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
Welcome to the forums dontbelieve!
Spinoza Wrote:God is the Asylum of Ignorance
Hello Mark. I'm also very new to the forum. Like you, I'm trying to get to know everyone. I don't believe the economy has been very kind to the auto business. Hopefully, the business venture with your dad is more recession proof. I worked construction for quite a number of years. As you can imagine, the recession has not been kind to my industry. I've been greatly affected by it. I wish both you and your father the very best in your venture.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Greetings and welcome.
I started on my path to atheism when I was 18 and got there when I was 19. Evidence we all move at different rates.
Welcome Mark.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro DocIllinois 14 1206 August 6, 2021 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belated intro Dom 20 1746 September 29, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Intro Reltzik 21 1002 September 26, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Intro Bow Before Zeus 15 1891 November 14, 2017 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  intro JamieBra 28 5165 September 23, 2017 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  MY INTRO rjh4 is back 7 1316 August 13, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Intro Court Jester 25 5001 June 24, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: KerimF
Bug I guess I should intro Monkeybuttorama 21 3888 May 26, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Caligvla XXI
  intro Otisknows 17 2433 February 6, 2017 at 12:02 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Slightly Generic and Dramatic Intro Thread Redoubtable 16 3380 February 5, 2017 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Otisknows