Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
intro
intro
Hola im Jamie and I was one these forums a couple months ago and missed your discussions. So I'm back  Cool
Ive been hanging out with all sorts of believers lately and find their reasoning for doing ill thought out things based mainly on faith. I was a born again christian for 17 years and Jesus was my best friend. I carried my bible to high school proud and was in a praise band. When I want away on a missions trip to South Africa with christians from all over the world I was enlightened. Now that I'm an atheist I see the world differently. Obviously  Lightbulb
I do see more beauty and integrity in the atheists I've met. It seems when your not focused on the afterlife this life takes on a whole new importance. 
Well thats it. Hope I didn't break the rules 
And my Jamiebra name was not thought out just available. It can take on many meanings. None of which I meant.  Tongue
RE: intro
Welcome! SA would be an interesting country to visit. Very multilinguistic. What continent are you on?

Oh, never mind. You've made a few posts. Fellow Californian.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(September 22, 2017 at 12:58 pm)c172 Wrote: Welcome! SA would be an interesting country to visit. Very multilinguistic. What continent are you on?

North America. If christian homeschool taught me rightWink
Thank you.
Howdy
(September 22, 2017 at 12:50 pm)JamieBra Wrote: Hola im Jamie and I was one these forums a couple months ago and missed your discussions. So I'm back  Cool
Ive been hanging out with all sorts of believers lately and find their reasoning for doing ill thought out things based mainly on faith. I was a born again christian for 17 years and Jesus was my best friend. I carried my bible to high school proud and was in a praise band. When I want away on a missions trip to South Africa with christians from all over the world I was enlightened. Now that I'm an atheist I see the world differently. Obviously  Lightbulb
I do see more beauty and integrity in the atheists I've met. It seems when your not focused on the afterlife this life takes on a whole new importance. 
And my Jamiebra name was not thought out just available. It can take on many meanings. None of which I meant.  Tongue

Welcome to the dark side Princess.  Big Grin

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Booze to the left, gigolos to the right, fundies in the basement under the floorboards. Be sure to tip your bar tenders and wait staff.
Quote: I carried my bible to high school proud

How come your pal, jesus, didn't carry it for you.  Some friend he is.

Welcome to our little oasis of reason in a crazy world.
(September 22, 2017 at 2:01 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 22, 2017 at 12:50 pm)JamieBra Wrote: Hola im Jamie and I was one these forums a couple months ago and missed your discussions. So I'm back  Cool

Welcome to the dark side Princess.  Big Grin

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Booze to the left, gigolos to the right, fundies in the basement under the floorboards. Be sure to tip your bar tenders and wait staff.

lol Had to google Fundie cause I'm not up on the lingo but besides fundamentalist they got some pretty fun undies. glad I googled. and thanx for the welcome

(September 22, 2017 at 2:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote: I carried my bible to high school proud

How come your pal, jesus, didn't carry it for you.  Some friend he is.

Welcome to our little oasis of reason in a crazy world.

Thank u. Ill try not to add to the Crazy  Tongue
Thanks to the staff for edit button I might sneak by. Smile
Welcome back!!
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 22, 2017 at 2:21 pm)JamieBra Wrote: ...but besides fundamentalist they got some pretty fun undies. glad I googled. and thanx for the welcome...

Pics or it's not true.
And welcome.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Welcome back, Jamie.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro DocIllinois 14 1199 August 6, 2021 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belated intro Dom 20 1732 September 29, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Intro Reltzik 21 997 September 26, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Intro Bow Before Zeus 15 1881 November 14, 2017 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  MY INTRO rjh4 is back 7 1313 August 13, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Intro Court Jester 25 4988 June 24, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: KerimF
Bug I guess I should intro Monkeybuttorama 21 3867 May 26, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Caligvla XXI
  intro Otisknows 17 2429 February 6, 2017 at 12:02 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Slightly Generic and Dramatic Intro Thread Redoubtable 16 3350 February 5, 2017 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Otisknows
  Intro arda101 13 1582 January 25, 2017 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod