Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from Canada
Greetings from Canada
Hello everyone. I found this site through quotes on fstdt, and decided to give it a look see.

I was raised Roman Catholic but de-converted when I was 17 to Paganism and haven't looked back since.

I was raised with liberal views, and enjoy a good debate. I respect most people's religious views, as long as those views are not used to justify atrocities committed against others or to suppress the rights of minorities.

Anyway, I hope to have lots of interesting discussions here. See you around the forums! Smile
RE: Greetings from Canada
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hello.

[Image: smileys-hockey-and-ice-hockey-989187.gif]
Welcome

Why paganism?
Welcome!
Hey there, I'm in Canada, too, Smile. Welcome.
Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^

What kind of pagan are you? Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(December 31, 2013 at 3:16 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^

What kind of pagan are you? Smile

I'm an Eclectic Pagan, or Solitary Witch if you prefer. I tend to lean toward the Celtic traditions, and also like to read up on Druid traditions and practices. I'm always trying to learn more about various world cultures and ancient Gods and Goddesses, and the roles they played in their region of the world. So, pretty much a smattering of different cultures have shaped my personal beliefs.

I know, it's kinda funny that someone who believes in multiple deities is on an Atheist forum. Tongue
(December 31, 2013 at 4:41 am)Nightangel8212 Wrote: I know, it's kinda funny that someone who believes in multiple deities is on an Atheist forum. Tongue

Nah, not really. You're not the first, nor the last. And variety is good Wink
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Pagans are generally fine in my book.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from Serbia! :) EvolucijaSvesti 12 785 November 16, 2023 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Blessings/Greetings to all here. Nishant Xavier 10 1197 June 15, 2023 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Greetings deleted 6 815 June 7, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Greetings!! jonahhockey34 7 1296 October 26, 2022 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Greetings Pnerd 13 1267 May 21, 2022 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Greetings everyone h311inac311 11 1293 May 5, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Greetings...... PabloTescobar 22 2804 September 15, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Greetings. Impaler here. impaler 12 1028 August 27, 2020 at 6:14 pm