Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone :)
Hi everyone :)
Hey guys, I'm a 29 year old long time atheist. I was born, raised, and still currently living in the Bible Belt like a leper. Hoping to make some like-minded friends.
RE: Hi everyone :)
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome ElleBelle.
With a name like that... you must be a beaut! Wink
Do stop by the member photos forum area... Wink

Enjoy your stay!
Hiya and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Hi, welcome and have fun Smile
Thanks everyone Smile
Hello friend hugs.
Welcome, ElleBelle!! Smile Hope you make lots of like-minded friends. I can only imagine how out of synch you feel where you are.
(January 1, 2014 at 8:36 pm)Raeven Wrote: Welcome, ElleBelle!! Smile Hope you make lots of like-minded friends. I can only imagine how out of synch you feel where you are.

You have no idea! But I've felt this way for probably 15 years now, so I'm used to it.
Welcome. I lived in the Tampa Bay area for 2 years, and was surrounded by Southern Baptists, who always liked to stop me on the street and confront me about religion. As for the rest of the south, dunno. Went through AL, MS and LA on I-10 moving to Arizona. Only stopped for gas in AL, but it looked bleak.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan