Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a way to bookmark the "Today's Post" search?

It appears the embedded link in the page has a time sensitivity such that whenever I bookmark it, for use on my bookmark toolbar, it expires after a day. Is there a url or script that can be bookmarked to always return "today's posts" ? Is the "Return To Top" reliable as a bookmark?

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: Is there a way to bookmark the "Today's Post" search?
Set this URL as your bookmark: http://atheistforums.org/search.php?action=getdaily
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(January 1, 2014 at 11:50 pm)rasetsu Wrote:

It appears the embedded link in the page has a time sensitivity such that whenever I bookmark it, for use on my bookmark toolbar, it expires after a day. Is there a url or script that can be bookmarked to always return "today's posts" ? Is the "Return To Top" reliable as a bookmark?

One of the admins could probably explain it better, but I believe the embedded link is to a cached search result set that is periodically invalidated and refreshed. As such, the link points to nonpersistent data. If there is a shortcut to it that can be bookmarked, I am not aware of it. It is, if I am not mistaken, standard MyBB functionality so it's possible the answer can be found with some google-fu. When I have a chance, I'll try to find an answer.
(January 2, 2014 at 12:02 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Set this URL as your bookmark: http://atheistforums.org/search.php?action=getdaily

Nice. Thanks, he who hails.
(January 2, 2014 at 12:02 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Set this URL as your bookmark: http://atheistforums.org/search.php?action=getdaily

[Image: arigato!.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Some countries forbid you to marry your milk mother or milk sister until today ? DianaAhmad 8 1071 April 10, 2024 at 3:17 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why is the “what you know today that you didn’t know yesterday” thread closed? Anomalocaris 2 577 August 9, 2023 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Today's post? Jehanne 7 1505 May 20, 2022 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  WHAT HAPPENED TO TODAY'S BIRTHDAYS?? BrianSoddingBoru4 6 1280 December 31, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: no one
  Is there any way to get unbanned from a thread? Angrboda 10 1527 September 17, 2020 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Reasonable way for a new section to be added Foxaèr 4 907 July 15, 2020 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Today's Posts? Yonadav 9 1691 March 23, 2019 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Sal
  Is there a quick way to view new posts in an existing thread? fromdownunder 6 1400 September 18, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is there a way to insert Giphy images on this forum? Foxaèr 12 2468 May 14, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Is there a way to disable private messages? *Deidre* 14 2637 July 21, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: brewer