Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any way to get unbanned from a thread?
Is there any way to get unbanned from a thread?
Pretty self-explanatory. I made a snarky comment in the wrong thread. Are thread bans permanent, or can they be removed? If so, what's the protocol?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: Is there any way to get unbanned from a thread?
*shrugs*
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
While the question answerer is answering, would you be so kind as to ban me from the thread about how to get unbanned from a thread?

I'd really like that.
The "Rules" have a section about appeals which includes being banned.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 15, 2020 at 10:33 pm)Angrboda Wrote: Pretty self-explanatory.  I made a snarky comment in the wrong thread.  Are thread bans permanent, or can they be removed?  If so, what's the protocol?

Done.  Why?  Because you asked and didn't argue. If more people would take a whups-I-did-that attitude, they might find me more accommodating.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
A hefty bribe of choclate chip cookies.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(September 16, 2020 at 11:53 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: A hefty bribe of choclate chip cookies.

I’m more an oatmeal-raisin kind of guy, but you’re in the ballpark.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Do you have the Athiest Stones? If you do not have the Athiest Stones, how can you achieve victory??  The Athiest Stones are the mostest powerfulest powerful power in all of existence! The one who wields the Athiest Stones, controls the fate of all that there is.
I keep reading "unbrained". Restrained from posting suggestions so far.
Lighter fluid and matches? Sledgehammers? Bamboo under fingernails? Watching every ABBA video ever made?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reasonable way for a new section to be added Foxaèr 4 904 July 15, 2020 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Is there a quick way to view new posts in an existing thread? fromdownunder 6 1394 September 18, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is there a way to insert Giphy images on this forum? Foxaèr 12 2466 May 14, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Is there a way to disable private messages? *Deidre* 14 2623 July 21, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: brewer
  Can anyone remind me how to follow a thread so that I get reminders for new posts? Whateverist 9 2148 November 21, 2016 at 10:18 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Is there any way to permanently disable the WYSIWYG editor? rado84 15 2779 July 23, 2016 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  By the way Foxaèr 3 1109 December 29, 2015 at 12:08 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  A way to know which page on a thread your last post is on. Spooky 10 3514 July 20, 2015 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Is there a way to just delete a reputation rating one has given to someone? Pyrrho 22 5995 May 3, 2015 at 8:56 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Is there a way to unsubscribe from a thread on AF? IanHulett 5 1618 February 21, 2015 at 1:10 am
Last Post: IanHulett