Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 8:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This one time at church camp
This one time at church camp
Praising God, learning bout The Lord, reading the scripture, and doing fun activities is all the reason kids go to church camp right?
Well if you you said no. Your on to something. The only time I went to church camp was like a secretive Woodstock. Kids (high school kids) were sneaking into bathrooms, shrubbery, the backwoods of the camp, hell even nearby the lake at night time, just to throatfuck the hell out of each other. PRAISE THA LAWD! Not only that, kids were smoking pot, and possibly other drugs. I never got any of this action though, I was to busy bieng cought up in the religious bullshit to enjoy it, goddamnit. I just mostly hung around the snack bar, did the activities, and stared at the ceiling in agony because I wanted to go home. My brother however enjoyed the latter mentioned, lucky bastard.

If you guys have any church camp experiences or would like to share your church camp memories, share here.
RE: This one time at church camp
As a teenager I went to this two week long camp run by "Summit Ministries" and hosted at Liberty University. It was supposed to be a "worldview" camp that has lectures you have to sit through 10 hours a day on Christianity and other world views and how to witness to people of other world views. There were about 200 kids I think and we'd all sit in a lecture hall and listen to different speakers from I think 9am to 3pm. We'd have a lunch break around 12pm and then there was a sports recess I think 3pm to about 5pm. Then we'd have more lectures to sit through at night. It was like that almost everyday of the camp for two weeks. They had I think at least 10 different speakers.

I remember one girl about 19 years was sent to the camp by her grandmother. Her grandmother lied to her about what the camp was about because the girl was an atheist. Ugh.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
I was a camp consular for six years for under privileged kids. There were lots of stories like the one told by the op's brother. Most of them followed along the lines of make out scenes of scary movies for some reason. Most of the kids were afraid of the dark and would not wander too far from the cabins at night. We had a few break outs one year then we had scary story night. I told a tale of a crazy old man who lived across the lake in a broken down cabin, that was taken away to an insane asylum a few miles up the road after breaking into the cabins at the camp claiming they belonged to him and that he was going to get anyone who was trespassing.

After a few night of this the kids caught on. Then on the second to last day, we had an un scheduled visit from a member/cop dressed in uniform come by to make a safety announcement about an escape of a man from the insane asylum a few miles up the road. He gave everyone a description and stranger danger warnings. This got the kids attention, but by lunch they laughed it off. Then at dinner on the last night I busted into the dinning room screaming that I think I saw the crazy man and told everyone to be cool. I did a really bad job of it and everyone laughed it off. Then they started with "man, I wush he would shoal up, I would check that fool." And on and on. We had our camp fire and night swim activities. On the way back one of the stragglers came running up from behind in absolute hysterics screaming and crying that he saw the man the cop was talking about and he described him down to his shoes... At this point (in the dark between the pool and cabin the big tough guys began to quite down a little about" wushing" the crazy man would "shoal up."

Everyone got changed we had our evening devotional and we turned in.....

About 15 minutes after everyone settled down and you could hear the collective breathing in the room slow down and get deeper. a loud, boom! boom!! BOOM!!! Rips everyone out of bed. Curiously no one moved or said a word, And the door pops open, light came on blinding everyone momentarily. and there stood a 6'5" 350 lb wild eye, white hair, long white bearded man in real tree camouflage overalls wearing dirty boots and gloves swinging a axe handle (no axe blade) screaming:"y'all better git up out my house now!! All y'all is truss-passin, and I is got the right to Kiel me some truss-passers." Then he Swings and smashes the axe handle into the door frame! There was a pause, then a mass screaming exodus headed for the back door. We had 20+ teens/boys all who were supposedly harden thugs trying to cry screech and claw their way out of every door, window, crack and crevasse in that old cabin. The whole thing took 15 to 20 seconds tops.. The funny thing most of them were still so afraid of the dark they rather stay in the light of the porch with a known crazy man, than run to safety just 500 ft away..

After my uncle (aka the crazy man) and I picked ourselves off the ground from laughing so hard, we calmed everyone down and told them the truth about it all. We all had a laugh at each other, and replayed the threats various guys made, and then the shrieking sounds the tough guys made when wild eyed willy came knocking at the door.. At the end I pointed out that if the cabin Romeos were too afraid of the dark to save themselves from certain death, that they were also too afraid to face the dark to stumble around to find their Juliets. I also concluded that if these brave hearts were still insisting they were telling the truth about their make out sessions, it had to have been with each other, because none of them was man enough to leave the light of the porch.. Of the 2 guys who did brave the night, and ran to safety. everyone agreed they were too ugly to get any girls at the camp to like them anyway...
(January 11, 2014 at 1:47 am)Drich Wrote: I was a camp consular for six years for under privileged kids. There were lots of stories like the one told by the op's brother. Most of them followed along the lines of make out scenes of scary movies for some reason. Most of the kids were afraid of the dark and would not wander too far from the cabins at night. We had a few break outs one year then we had scary story night. I told a tale of a crazy old man who lived across the lake in a broken down cabin, that was taken away to an insane asylum a few miles up the road after breaking into the cabins at the camp claiming they belonged to him and that he was going to get anyone who was trespassing.

After a few night of this the kids caught on. Then on the second to last day, we had an un scheduled visit from a member/cop dressed in uniform come by to make a safety announcement about an escape of a man from the insane asylum a few miles up the road. He gave everyone a description and stranger danger warnings. This got the kids attention, but by lunch they laughed it off. Then at dinner on the last night I busted into the dinning room screaming that I think I saw the crazy man and told everyone to be cool. I did a really bad job of it and everyone laughed it off. Then they started with "man, I wush he would shoal up, I would check that fool." And on and on. We had our camp fire and night swim activities. On the way back one of the stragglers came running up from behind in absolute hysterics screaming and crying that he saw the man the cop was talking about and he described him down to his shoes... At this point (in the dark between the pool and cabin the big tough guys began to quite down a little about" wushing" the crazy man would "shoal up."

Everyone got changed we had our evening devotional and we turned in.....

About 15 minutes after everyone settled down and you could hear the collective breathing in the room slow down and get deeper. a loud, boom! boom!! BOOM!!! Rips everyone out of bed. Curiously no one moved or said a word, And the door pops open, light came on blinding everyone momentarily. and there stood a 6'5" 350 lb wild eye, white hair, long white bearded man in real tree camouflage overalls wearing dirty boots and gloves swinging a axe handle (no axe blade) screaming:"y'all better git up out my house now!! All y'all is truss-passin, and I is got the right to Kiel me some truss-passers." Then he Swings and smashes the axe handle into the door frame! There was a pause, then a mass screaming exodus headed for the back door. We had 20+ teens/boys all who were supposedly harden thugs trying to cry screech and claw their way out of every door, window, crack and crevasse in that old cabin. The whole thing took 15 to 20 seconds tops.. The funny thing most of them were still so afraid of the dark they rather stay in the light of the porch with a known crazy man, than run to safety just 500 ft away..

After my uncle (aka the crazy man) and I picked ourselves off the ground from laughing so hard, we calmed everyone down and told them the truth about it all. We all had a laugh at each other, and replayed the threats various guys made, and then the shrieking sounds the tough guys made when wild eyed willy came knocking at the door.. At the end I pointed out that if the cabin Romeos were too afraid of the dark to save themselves from certain death, that they were also too afraid to face the dark to stumble around to find their Juliets. I also concluded that if these brave hearts were still insisting they were telling the truth about their make out sessions, it had to have been with each other, because none of them was man enough to leave the light of the porch.. Of the 2 guys who did brave the night, and ran to safety. everyone agreed they were too ugly to get any girls at the camp to like them anyway...

I went to church camp like twice, and yea, they did participate along with literally, everyone hooking up with eachother, everyone had a boyfriend and or girlfriend. guys would fuck around with others and girls would be fighting and a bunch of other crap. and i assure you that people smoked at the camps but i probably didnt notice it. i was young
xR34P3Rx
it isn't in our nature to think of a God, it is in our nature to seek answers and the concept of God is most influenced in this world.
(January 12, 2014 at 3:29 pm)xr34p3rx Wrote: i was young

...and probably believed anything you were told by the older kids.. If there was real monkey business going on you would have noticed. Or at least known of a meeting between staff and kids, outlining unacceptable behavior and would have known of kids being sent home.
[Image: 9816_10202055970255438_866192416_n.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1250 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Attended church for the first time in years Aegon 23 1795 August 8, 2018 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time Arsoo 103 27900 November 9, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4158 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The problem with "One true church claim" by catholics Romney 8 2129 August 30, 2016 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What time is it?? What if Time!!! Drich 94 10867 March 11, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Does Baby Jesus really cry each time we rub one out? Why sweat the small stuff, god? Whateverist 33 8609 August 4, 2014 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  If you thought 'Jesus Camp' was bad...... Rob_W75 5 1458 July 28, 2014 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: pablo628
  Jesus camp documentary. First viewing. TubbyTubby 27 9458 July 22, 2014 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  One more reason to not go to church Doubting Thomas 5 1698 October 27, 2013 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas